Suntrust Plaza news

doormanpoet

If you mean the one behind the Metro City Hall, that is a very complex issue. The land was donated to the then public library. Although the library is no longer there, there is a tiny one in the City Hall. If they close that library, the land goes back to the original owner who would then have to sell it. Metro suposedly wants to keep the lot, so it will be an ugly eye sore for years to come. As long as there is a tiny library in the Metro City Hall building, that parking lot stays empty.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is where Nashville City Center Phase 2 is supposed to go, but I think that building would stay. It is a very historilc building and I would hate to see it go. Richard Fletcher told me months ago they want to build phase 2, but its just not possibe for another office tower downtown with a 12% vacancy rate. Towers like the 2525 building, and Roundabout Plaza helped mid town but really hurt downtown.

^When City Center Two was proposed was that corner building slated to go down? I don't remember if in the renderings folks have posted of the project ever showed if that building was still there or not.

City Center Two is the project, aside for the Sig, that I would most like see become reality. I guess thats because I like City Center so much.

For what it's worth, I just noticed that the Skyscraper Page lists the Sun Trust height at 73.2 meters. That works out to 230 Feet. If true, that's a bit higher than I expected. We've been told a several occasions that SSP is not a good source. However, as far as I can tell there a no discrepancies relative to Nashville buildings on their site.

Archived