Cheescake Factory

doormanpoet

The corporate chef for the cheescake factory was in the hotel this week. I was talking with him about vacant properties downtown. I mentioned the McQuiddy building was available. He said they have been eyeing downtown because of the residential growth. Look for another cheesecake factory in the next year or so!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The corporate chef for the cheescake factory was in the hotel this week. I was talking with him about vacant properties downtown. I mentioned the McQuiddy building was available. He said they have been eyeing downtown because of the residential growth. Look for another cheesecake factory in the next year or so!

WHat hotel??

Doormanpoet

Gret news (we have really missed you on the board). It would be good to have a Cheesecake Factory D'town because they always bring additional retail/food clusters with them.

Knoxster the poet works at the Renaissance Hotel D'town.

I've always thought a Cheesecake Factory would be a great thing, not so much for the residential growth, but for the enormous business and tourist component.

Green Hills CF opens pretty soon. I took a couple of shots yesterday.

Sorry if the pics turn out too big, I wasn't paying attention. I'm trying a new image host, so I hope these work okay.

Cheese2.jpg

Cheese1.jpg

1. I would love a cheesecake factory in downtown

2. I believe they should build one in a skyscraper downtown like the one

in Chicago.

3. The Chicago location is in the John hancock building and its the best cheesecake factory i been to.

4. A 2nd avenue location what be a good place also next to bb kings.

I vote for somewhere besides Second, there's just not enough room for something like that on 2nd, but....remember, we have new towers being built with street level "somethings." This could be an option.

Here's a couple of more new ones for the "neighborhood." Magianno's opens Oct. 13 and J. Alexanders opens soon. I'm putting the new Starbucks on West End here just because...we used to buy Captain D's fish there. I was in it, it looks great.

The J. Alexanders is in the old West End Cooker building, Magianno's is below the American Center Towers, and the Starbucks is across the street from the now gone and flattened Houstons, soon to be the location of a new restaurant called BoxTops which will be across the street from the new Stoney River in the old Rio Bravo location. Woe be to those who haven't been here in a while. I'll sell you a map for a dollar. lol

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

The J. Alexanders will definately be a great addition to the area. We've had one here in Cool Springs for several years, and it's still one of the most popular restaurants around town. Waits for any night will most likely exceed one hour. We've had hour and forty-five minute long waits, and they had run out of buzzers for us. Like I said, J Alexanders should help out a bit up there.

I think the cheesecake factory should go in the Sig. Tower and that cool onion-shaped dome thing could be the spire on the sig. with a big cheesecake factory sign high up in the sky. As far as J. Alexanders and all those chains coming to west end, all I can say is, goodbye to the Tin Angel and every other cool locally owned and reletively inexpensive independant resturaunt in the area and hello to corporate blandness. The Tin Angel looks so cute and so doomed sitting there across the street. Ah well, that's the price of success.

Yeah, Paula, Starbucks was a chain fish restaurant for years and they recycled the building. I've been there, it has an outdoor patio, full service interior, and drive through. Sure, it's not the coolest, but a great improvement from what was there.

IMG_1683.jpg

I don't think there's too much to be concerned about with private restaurants except on the West End corridor. We've lost Houston's, Fuddruckers is gone, Rio Bravo is gone...none of that to blame except that corporate malfunctions for the most part. I think the new ones will be anything but bland. And besides, all one has to do is go a few blocks and you find The Acorn, Sunset Grille, the new Cabana (if you haven't seen this with it HUGE back area, you're missing out), Tayst, and tons of others. No one will go hungry. Broke, maybe, but not hungry.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the design for the maggianos, as well as the J. Alexander... but I REALLY disliked the starbucks... what were they thinking? Couldn't they come up with a more interesting, distinguished design?

I had the same thought about the Starbucks -- that could be the old Capt D's building, couldn't it - drive thru and all! :blink:

I can't wait for J Alexanders to open -- no more driving all the way to White Bridge Rd!

--

oh -- I obviously should've looked at Dave's post and pic of Capt Ds! Great minds!

Archived