West End Summit Update

doormanpoet

They still want to do the project. As many know, there have been many redesigns of the project, but they still want to do something but they would not say what specifically. They have read the various discussion boards and they appreciate the discussion and interest. They also understand some in the Nashville business community have doubts about the need or viability of the project.

I am assuming they are still doing market study and analysis. It would seem Tony G., Crossland, and NUV are handling the condo's and John Eakin is doing the office with his Roundabout Plaza and Suntrust Plaza.

Tom Smith and Richard Fletcher have office space in their towers downtown, so I don't know what ASP Company can do with WES.

Maybe some midrise condo's and retail may be the way to go. They will do something with it I assure you.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the West End Summit would be an awesome location for the relocation of the Nissan North American Headquarters! :rolleyes:

Based on my own dubious math (1300 employees times 200 sf per), won't Nissan need the equivalent of about 15 to 20 floors worth of office space for their headquarters? Seems WES could fill that need well and with room for growth to boot. Add another 5 floors and put a spire on it and you have a 450' +/- tower.

The Nissan National Headquarters Tower!

What kind of operation is Nissan thinking of bringing to middle tenn?

North American Headquarters. It is currently in Gardena, Cal. It is NOT the main HQ, but rather the NA HQ. They already have the HQ for NA Manufacturing in Smyrna.

What kind of operation is Nissan thinking of bringing to middle tenn?

Nissan is considering moving the North American Headquarter operations from California to Nashville. Dallas, TX is also in the running. They have about 1300 employees in California, high level executives, sales, and engineering, etc.

North American Headquarters. It is currently in Gardena, Cal. It is NOT the main HQ, but rather the NA HQ. They already have the HQ for NA Manufacturing in Smyrna.

EDIT! Here is the current HQ building in California.

Courtesy of www.nissannews.com

us_headquarters.jpg

Notice the Toyota in the parking lot! :lol:

Yeah. How stupid. But that is the Press Pool parking area too. So I doubt they work at the HQ as a Nissan employee. You should drive by the plant and see how many people still drive other brands. It is just pathetic to put it nicely.

I think I see a Honda, too. Yeah, it would be a shame if they moved out to Rutherford County. I remember reading in the city paper, I think, the rent was about the same in downtown Nashville as in LA. So, if they're leaving for that reason, what chance seeing them in central core Nashville?

I saw a report on the news that speculated that Nissan might go to Cool Springs if they moved their hq here. Hopefully Nissan would see the advantages of DT, though. I would be shocked if they chose Rutherford Co.

Also, this weekend I asked my friend who works at Nissan if there was any indication of Nashville's chances. For what its worth, he said he thought there was a pretty good chance it was going to happen--considering the people (some higher ups) he has talked to out in Smyrna.

I saw a report on the news that speculated that Nissan might go to Cool Springs if they moved their hq here. Hopefully Nissan would see the advantages of DT, though. I would be shocked if they chose Rutherford Co.

Also, this weekend I asked my friend who works at Nissan if there was any indication of Nashville's chances. For what its worth, he said he thought there was a pretty good chance it was going to happen--considering the people (some higher ups) he has talked to out in Smyrna.

I have a strong feeling in my gut that they're coming. If I had to wager, I would say there's better than a 50/50 chance they will head out to Cool Springs. I believe Gardena, CA is basically a suburban location, so a move to Cool Springs would be pretty likely. But I'm with Lexy. The West End Summit, or some downtown location would be by far the best for Nashville. Maybe the West End Summit project could provide attractive high end lodging for some of the executives. Think of it! They could live and work on the same block!!!

I work for the interior design firm that has been hired to do the hotel and condo space at West End Summit. The original architect was fired and now we are working with Cooper Carry out of Atlanta.

As far as I know, the project is on. There are still two towers but the number of floors is subject the change.

One tower is the hotel & condos and the other tower is the office building. We have very little information as far as time frame. As soon as our guest room and condo unit models are approved we will know more about the shape and size of the building.

Thank you! I'll be sure to update when I hear more. Right now it's in the concept phase as far as interior design goes but there are pretty solid floor plans already.

As for the hotel portion - do you know what brand or is it a boutique property. It seems way too early to design if there is no branding yet. You have to design to certain standards for any brand and if this is truly a luxury property then no doubt you have a list of do's and don'ts. Just curious.

Thank you! I'll be sure to update when I hear more. Right now it's in the concept phase as far as interior design goes but there are pretty solid floor plans already.

We definately would like to hear your input and opinions on any other projects or issues as well. So feel free to become an active forumer and post as much as you want.

As for the hotel portion - do you know what brand or is it a boutique property. It seems way too early to design if there is no branding yet. You have to design to certain standards for any brand and if this is truly a luxury property then no doubt you have a list of do's and don'ts. Just curious.

My firm specializes in high end hotels and have worked with all the high end brands and are very familiar with their standards. It is never too early to start concepting for the look of the hotel.

The client wants a very contemporary, cutting edge space.

The brand has not been confirmed yet. It is between Westin, Hyatt and Four Seasons. It will not be a boutique property but the high end brands tend to go for a unique look for each of their properties.

My firm is Hirsch Bedner Associates. [Content edited by moderator] We specialize in high end hotels and have worked with all the high end brands and are very familiar with their standards. It is never too early to start concepting for the look of the hotel.

The client wants a very contemporary, cutting edge space.

The brand has not been confirmed yet. It is between Westin, Hyatt and Four Seasons. It will not be a boutique property but the high end brands tend to go for a unique look for each of their properties.

Hi 'Designerbee' Thanks for the info.

In my experience:

Westin = Good Upscale Property

Hyatt = yawn dime a dozen

Four Seasons = Incredible (Puts us in the big league)

Since you do this for living how would you rate the properties or cache of each? (May not be a fair question for you considering your current work... :lol:

Thanks

Archived