West End Summit Update

doormanpoet

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would really like to see this project move forward some. Would be another great feather in the cap for Nashville.

I tell ya, it's gonna be a hard sell right now. Palmer has, for all intensive purposes, seemed to drag his feet for too long. Maybe the lack of an office tenant is the main reason, who knows. But the longer it sits, the harder it is to get going. Don't get me wrong, I WANT this project. But, unless he gets a team of real estate pros that will stop at NOTHING to get a tenant, then he will be spinning wheels for some time. The city seems to be focused on the SoBro area, Gulch, and Riverfront right now, so maybe he is waiting for the market to settle down and the city to as well. ;)

It is really hard to understand what is wrong and right with this project when we consistenly hear NOTHING from his office about it. I would hope that someone there has a clue as to what is going on about it. If it's not gonna work as an office building, then do it as condos and a hotel. Simple idea and not too much redesign is needed. I hope somebody there at that office reads this post. If we don't hear about what is going on, then the community will forget about it and it will end up like City Center II. An IDEA, not a reality. Get on the ball and sell this property to people. Tony G. is the only developer that is illustrating a tactic that should be used by most everyone in the real estatedevelopment business, "Get on my back and let me take you for a ride!" Sell it, Sell it, Sell it!!!!!!!!!!!! Make it happen. It can be done, but you have to work for it!!!!! Nissan slipped through somebody's hands. Could it have been Palmers 'palm' that it slipped through?? We may never know.

WHEW!!! Sorry about that.

Nissan slipped through somebody's hands.

They may not be building a huge "Nissan Tower" downtown, but the fact that they are moving to Mid TN is huge no matter how you look at it. Lord knows that many high-end jobs is only good for the whole state. I'm with you tho, I wish they had opted for a new landmark building in the center city. Who knows who'll follow after Nissan... Nashville IS #1 for relocation! :rolleyes:

Yeah, it would years to get anything done with that little bitty back hole.

I was thinking along the same lines as some of you, maybe Palmer needs to consider the switch to condos. He could still keep the hotel idea. Office space is just not in huge demand therefore its going to be awful hard to build a 30+ story office tower with no tennat.

Yeah, it would years to get anything done with that little bitty back hole.

I was thinking along the same lines as some of you, maybe Palmer needs to consider the switch to condos. He could still keep the hotel idea. Office space is just not in huge demand therefore its going to be awful hard to build a 30+ story office tower with no tennat.

The hotel is going to be condos and a hotel next to the office tower.

The architect for the condo/hotel was let go and the new architect is getting up to speed. As far as the interior design goes, we are waiting on them to catch up.

And large hotels typically need to schedule 2 years worth of conventions/ events before they can open. They can't sell that without a design to show. So it's still slow moving.

The hotel is going to be condos and a hotel next to the office tower.

I'm confused. Will there still be an office tower, or just one hotel tower and one condo tower? Or will it be one office tower and one tower with a hotel and condos? Is there a certain height range that we are looking at?

I'm confused. Will there still be an office tower, or just one hotel tower and one condo tower? Or will it be one office tower and one tower with a hotel and condos? Is there a certain height range that we are looking at?

One tower that contains the hotel and condos. We aren't working on the office tower so I don't know much about it.

Not sure on the height yet.

I'll know more in a few weeks when the architects get up to speed.

Intercontinental (ICH) is a brand of hotels as well as a corporate name. We know that ICH is opening their newest concept, Hotel Indigo, on West End. IF ICH is truly opening an Intercontinental Hotel in Nashville then I am PUMPED! Intercontinental as a brand is awesome! check this out: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ic/1/en/hd/atlbh

Intercontinental (ICH) is a brand of hotels as well as a corporate name. We know that ICH is opening their newest concept, Hotel Indigo, on West End. IF ICH is truly opening an Intercontinental Hotel in Nashville then I am PUMPED! Intercontinental as a brand is awesome! check this out: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ic/1/en/hd/atlbh

I've stayed at a couple of Intercontinental Hotels overseas. They are an awesome hotel chain and would be a tremendous addition to Nashville.

Archived