The Cove at Butler Springs

Sandlapper

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been pleased and amazed at how intense the efforts have stepped up to develop residential units on as many vacant spots as possible in and around the city. My guess is that property is becoming very valuable and this is the best option for development. I would say that Greenville is drastically changing into a higher-density city than it was in 2000. B)

To answer the original question: YES, I thought it was odd, and honestly, I don't care for it.

It doesn't really fit in with the existing homes, which are mostly ranch style, and top out at about half the price.

What I really don't get is the odd mix of homes in the neighborhood, some with rear garages, some with front, and completely different styles.

This development (if in the city), along with all the things going on downtown, Villagio Verde, the Plantation on Pelham, the Preserve at Parkins Mill, Riverside development on Augusta St ( building 8-10 homes on a lot where a house was demolished), a FEW other developments next to the Greenville Country Club on slivers they call lots..., ALL of the N Main stuff (and there's a lot)... Verdae (if it gets started with the housing phase soon), and if the rumor of annexation was true, along with all of the other things that I know I'm leaving out-- I wonder how much Greenville will have grown by 2010. It'll be nice if we can put to rest the "Greenville will be 6th largest in SC" stuff...

WOW! cool, i think it's great. Is that in the city limits??? I certainly hope so. Perhaps it will encourage residents in the older homes to renovate and fix up their homes. (?)

I'm not sure if it's directly in the city limits, if not it has to be really close. It's in between Haywood Rd. and Pleasantburg Dr. Not sure if that is close enough to be in the city.

To answer the original question: YES, I thought it was odd, and honestly, I don't care for it.

It doesn't really fit in with the existing homes, which are mostly ranch style, and top out at about half the price.

What I really don't get is the odd mix of homes in the neighborhood, some with rear garages, some with front, and completely different styles.

I live in a neighborhood that basically when I come out of it I'm looking directly at The Cove. I don't necessarily dislike it, but I agree with you that it doesn't "fit in". It's nothing like the other houses in the area. That's kind of why I made this thread is to see if I was the only one that felt it was out of place. Who knows, maybe some big developer will want to pay big bucks for our house so he can knock it down and build bigger houses! :blink::lol::w00t:

Archived