Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Garris

Burlington, VT Photos

Hi everyone,

While watching my NY Yankees beat the Angels this evening, I took the time to look through some photos of Burlington I had that are now yearly a year old. I decided to post the best of the bunch on my website and also show them below. Enjoy!

A nice alleyway...

alley7pj.jpg

Where it all began...

bjplaque6sa.jpg

bird2ks.jpg

boats0zq.jpg

Some nice shadows...

buildingshadow9rq.jpg

And more shadows...

buildingshadow20qb.jpg

Is it my recollection that this standout building is a real estate office??

columnedbuilding4xi.jpg

columnedbuilding20vh.jpg

Great New England architecture...

cupola14tk.jpg

cupola22pv.jpg

downtownbldg3rr.jpg

pylon1kk.jpg

sailboat16co.jpg

The waterfront at sunset...

waterfront3zr.jpg

lighthouse18ok.jpg

- Garris

Providence, RI

Some more pics, although there not as good as Garris's I thought I would share them anyway.

I went up to Burlington in July for a weekend and have to say I was amazed by this great little city.

Downtown Burlington from Champlain College

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

This downtown mall works so well for the city, at night all the restaurants were packed with people eating outdoors.

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

Looking towards downtown from the lake

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

i dont think it will b promising Burlington has a low hieght limit for some reason at least i think it does

Quite right. 80 feet, I believe. However, the city has come up with ways for developers to receive "height bonuses," which I can't think of right now. I think the construction you're seeing is... Actually I ccan't think of that either. It has the word Landing in it. It's a mix-used development, not sure how many stories it is. However, there are two more buildings which will appear directly next to the Wyndham Hotel. One is a hotel, the other will be a condo building. I think they're 9 and 11 stories, or 9 and 8. Pretty significant for Burlington.