Florida License plates : Old or new?

bsutter2

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan of the MyFlorida.com plates or the redesign that put the big orange in the center rather than the outline of the state's boundaries. However I do like the fact that we have a seemingly endless amount of specialty plates, so you at least have a lot of options if you're looking for an alternative to the green and orange defaults.

I'm not a fan of the MyFlorida.com plates or the redesign that put the big orange in the center rather than the outline of the state's boundaries. However I do like the fact that we have a seemingly endless amount of specialty plates, so you at least have a lot of options if you're looking for an alternative to the green and orange defaults.

I agree. It's nice to have a huge selection of plates if you want something different.

I think adding the "MyFlorida.com" piece to the plate was dumb. I didn't really mind the first redesign since the lettering they used was narrower, in a darker color, and therefore easier to read.

There is one thing about the Florida tags -- they sure are recognizable. Even from a good distance, just by the green and orange color you can easily tell where it comes from.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wish the state would have commemorative plates for each large metro area,. a lil theme from each area.

Like a light house on the beach (North Florida),Collins strip with the lights from south beach (South Florida)

I wouldnt know what other places would have,. but I think its a good idea.

I believe the reason for "Sunshine State" on Florida tags is a result of rental car industry in the Miami area. They wanted to make sure that rental cars were not so obvious to someone that would rob a tourist driving the vehicle back in the early 90's. Because if you notice,. Miami-Dade county is the only county you wont find on the bottom of tags in the state.

I've always thought the popularity of the Sunshine State tag was due to the fact that anyone in Florida can have one and they can therefore be batch produced and sent anywhere cheaper than those made for a specific county.

All Florida rental cars I've ever seen have Escambia county tags. I wonder if they've gone Sunshine too...

Oh yeah, and I'd like to see a tag with the capitol bldg on it... I'd pimp it.

Archived