Fall for Greenville

goodbye

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! It sure was a beautiful weekend for Fall for Greenville! We couldn't have scripted any better weather for it!

Anybody know what's up with Shoeless Joe's blindfold? I thought it was interesting enough to include. :P

RT,

I read in the paper this past week that the blindfolds were to increase awareness of blindness. I can't remember the exact reason though.

Great shots gsupstate! :thumbsup:

Hey, did anyone here catch the Cowboy Mouth concert? I'll say that was was quite an experience.

Believe it or not, I did. It ws one of the better concerts that I have ever been too. The lead guy was kinda "bossy," but the bass girl was cute, so its ok :thumbsup:

Hey, did anyone here catch the Cowboy Mouth concert? I'll say that was was quite an experience.

About Cowboy Mouth...Well I thought their songs were pretty good. I only knew two going in, and I was pleased with their music. But as far as the other stuff goes -- you know, BSing, plugging the new CD, begging the fans to be louder -- it was just too much. And yeah, I know bands feel compelled to do that sorta thing. But it was just too much crap in-between songs. It's a shame because their music is good enough to stand for itself. Also, I gotta mention (as a huge Clash fan) the song "Joe Strummer." On one hand I felt that this was name-dropping; any Joe Strummer reference is a huge hook. On the other hand, I'm pleased that the riff they took was from "Career Opportunities," rather than 'Train in Vain' 'Casbah' or 'Should I Stay...'

Overall, I liked them , but the constant BSing was too annoying. The best shows I've been to were about 20 consecutive songs, with about maybe one story in there. No BSing.

Edit: By the way, I'm listening to their live CD right now, and my impression still stands: decent, but annoying.

Also, did their drummer/singer remind anyone else of Jack Black?

Archived