Images of Tallahassee

Florida

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The damn Sabal Palms are missing too! Who cut down those big ole palms???? I'd drive past them everyday. Looks like our history does include palms. So it's not just those moving "upstate" and planting palms trying to make us "look like Miami" that has been quoted on here several times. They've been here all along. :P Preserve our history, save a palm!

• 5 weeks later...

"Cadillac" hiking, biking trail from Tom Brown Park. Every lover of Tallahassee should take thier special somones out to this trail this spring. I can give better info on the trailhead to those who need it. Here are some pictures i took on a rainy monday of The bluffs of Lake Lafayette, and the fingers of lake Piney-Z.

reference map

Caddillac.jpg

1. Here is a low elevation shot towards where fallschase will be developing

Image020.jpg

2. This is a bit further down the trail and higher up (it goes up and down allt he way) see the RR trax

Image021.jpg

3. Further still, looking more west. This is one of the highest points

Image031.jpg

4. The big bend where the train tracks divides lafayette and Piney-Z (same general area as the picture of the day friday

Image032.jpg

5-10. The rest are from the first finger at piney Z park (where my best friend proposed to his fiance)... for those of you who want to cheat, you can park extreemly near here if you take heritage park from conner blvd all the way back. i tried to get 270 degrees with these

Image034.jpg

Image035.jpg

Image036.jpg

Image037.jpg

Image038.jpg

Image039.jpg

Image040.jpg

Well I hope that was a little bit of proof of why we need to watch what we are doing in Piney-Z, Fallschase, and the Appalachee pkwy developments... We have already lost alot.

P.S. on the map you can see near fallschase (pic 1) the stream that is all that is left as a squiggly line through the middle, east to west. Also, the dot at the end of the first line is where i drove my car into a hole and put the dent on my front right bumper...lol. The dot at the end of the second line is the place i set up to paint the picture for my oilpainting class. (i took the pictures on the trail with these things in mind)

i wish it werent rainy... but i am sure our photographer friends will follow up on this for me... the trails are fantastic for hiking... please, do it!

"Cadillac" hiking, biking trail from Tom Brown Park. Every lover of Tallahassee should take thier special somones out to this trail this spring. I can give better info on the trailhead to those who need it. Here are some pictures i took on a rainy monday of The bluffs of Lake Lafayette, and the fingers of lake Piney-Z.

reference map

Caddillac.jpg

1. Here is a low elevation shot towards where fallschase will be developing

Image020.jpg

2. This is a bit further down the trail and higher up (it goes up and down allt he way) see the RR trax

Image021.jpg

3. Further still, looking more west. This is one of the highest points

Image031.jpg

4. The big bend where the train tracks divides lafayette and Piney-Z (same general area as the picture of the day friday

Image032.jpg

5-10. The rest are from the first finger at piney Z park (where my best friend proposed to his fiance)... for those of you who want to cheat, you can park extreemly near here if you take heritage park from conner blvd all the way back. i tried to get 270 degrees with these

Image034.jpg

Image035.jpg

Image036.jpg

Image037.jpg

Image038.jpg

Image039.jpg

Image040.jpg

Well I hope that was a little bit of proof of why we need to watch what we are doing in Piney-Z, Fallschase, and the Appalachee pkwy developments... We have already lost alot.

P.S. on the map you can see near fallschase (pic 1) the stream that is all that is left as a squiggly line through the middle, east to west. Also, the dot at the end of the first line is where i drove my car into a hole and put the dent on my front right bumper...lol. The dot at the end of the second line is the place i set up to paint the picture for my oilpainting class. (i took the pictures on the trail with these things in mind)

i wish it werent rainy... but i am sure our photographer friends will follow up on this for me... the trails are fantastic for hiking... please, do it!

Nice pictures Murph. I had no idea there were high elevations around the lake like that. The views of the stream, lake and the rail road tracks were very serene. I've got to fix up my other bike so my girlfriend and I can begin to make tracks in the woods like that.

I also like your little request that someone do a follow up shooting. I too hope we can see more pictures of the lake and the natural habitat surrounding it. I'd like to get over to the Tallahassee Museum and take some pictures of it too.

csmurphy, Thank You very much for providing us such a nice glimpse into areas most of us know anything about. Your shots are wonderful, despite the rainy day. The Google map you provided with your text & markings are very much appreciated. I will attempt to find my way back in there by following your expert guidance. Thank You Again! :)

**Commercial Voice**

Tonight I will bring a great look at Tallahassee from the 22nd Floor of the Florida Capitol! Images for all to enjoy. All who love Tallahassee, will LOVE these pictures. Some who haven't committed, may fall in love! Definately look forward to a delightful selection of Tallahassee pictures to hit computer screens near you, tonight at 6:30/5:30 Central!

:w00t:

Archived