Cumberland/Galleria experiencing development surge

Martinman

From GlobeSt.com www.globest.com/news/atlanta

Cobb county just approved two side by side mixed use developments.... T. I. Riverwood proposes 646 high-rise condos and 34,000 sf of retail and Regent Riverwood would have 210 condominium homes, 21,500 sf of bank and restaurant space, 500,000 sf of high-rise office product and an eight-story hotel.

And lists some number for whats planned for the area

1.5 million sf of new office

87,500 sf of retail

4,315 condominium homes

880 townhomes

I realize this is a suburban "edge city" but at least there is a lot of residential so that more people can live close to where they work and hopefully it will become dense enough to make mass transit in the area more viable.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is very good news to hear.

I was very shocked to hear of the decline of Cumberland Mall over the years....especially when it's in the shadows of such a healthy edge-city. The new influx of residential highrise will definitely do wonders for the area. It is also served by the CCT so one could potentially ride a bus to downtown and really only have to make one system change at the Marta Art Centers Station.

I wonder whatever happended to Park Vinings?

Archived