Haley Barbour....

tombarnes

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a great article, Tom.

I dont know much about Haley Barbour, but he seems like a very nice, smart, and interesting man. He seems like the kinda guy I'd like to sit back and have a beer with. I'm sure he would have plenty to talk about, his political history is very interesting.

I met him years ago at Ole Miss when he was running for the Senate. I think I saw him once at the bar at the Capital Grille here in Washington, but he was fully ensconced with his group of pols....I never saw him at the University Club.

Yeah, I like the guy. Past RNC chair, seems like a good guy.

tombarnes, waaay off topic here, and I'm not sure what made me think of this... but are you still interested in buying a condo in New Orleans? Wasn't that you who was interested in a unit in the Trump tower? Still interested? N.O. condo market thoughts??

Sorry for the off-topic question.

downtowninvestor, are you interested in buying?

yes i most definately am

Are you thinking of downtowninvestor, TSmith?

But that post got me thinking, has anyone seen any type of info on the demand for all of the condos that were going up around New Orleans? Did demand go down in some areas and up in others? I know that many people are still planning on buying condos in Trump's tower, but I havent heard anything about the condos that were going up in Metairie, New Orleans East, and Slidell.

We once thought of buying a house in the Garden District, but bought in Portsmouth, VA instead. Now all of my eggs are in Fort Lauderdale. A friend of mine, Ernesto Caldeira, sells real estate in the Quarter and Natches also. He has sold some very impressive properties. Perhaps some day I will be interested in N.O. real estate again. It would be fun to have a pad in New Orleans....

NCB, you really need to read my two threads... one on Trump, and one on the Real Estate market. Very interesting.

And yes, I was mistaken on the name! LOL Downtowninvestor... that was it!

Well, anyway, both NCB and tombarnes should read my threads.... along with anyone else out there.

Archived