• Performing Arts Center
    • Gaines Street Revitalization
    • Frenchtown Revitalization
    • Urban Infill
    • Other (Explain)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say solid downtown because it is what everyone look's at when deciding wheter or not if a city has that urban idenity and and success people who come to cities look for. By Tallahassee just concetrating on downtown for right now it will surely open up many doors such as getting a theme park, other areas of downtown such as Frenchtown and so on.

I dont live there, but I think it would be a solid downtown.

A stronger downtown means business and activity grow in downtown. In the long-run, it could evolve into a thriving area, and that would help draw people into the city. A city is built around its downtown, so in most cases, the stronger the downtown, the stronger the city.

NCB:

I agree with you 100%. I also voted for Downtown... I believe a stong downtown is vital to any thriving city. I can't think of a single city with a solid downtown, that isn't a thriving city. Like you pointed out NCB, cities are built around their downtowns, so in essence, they are reflections of their downtowns. Cityboy hit it right on the head when he says a community is judged by the character of its downtown.

I think one of the main reasons Tallahassee can't shake the image it has as a "small-town" is because people look at our downtown and make their judgement. Today I was staring at a picture of it, thinking of how different our downtown will look in just a few short months as the Tennyson, and Tallahassee Centers and Plaza Towers are built. Fortunately, these are only 3 of over 10 projects proposed or underway downtown, and I'm excited about the projects that will follow. The major change is going to be the Plaza Tower, which of course if viewed from the angle of the following picture, will make our downtown look twice as large (the completion of the three projects). Fortunately, these are only 3 of over 10 projects proposed or underway downtown, and I'm excited about the projects that will follow. The major change is going to be the Plaza Tower, which of course if viewed from the angle of the following picture, will make our downtown look twice as large (the completion of the three projects). Fortunately, these are only 3 of over 10 projects proposed or underway downtown, and I'm excited about the projects that will follow.

I vote DT Solidity, but interpreted broadly. Solid to me means easy to use, but full. For that, we need to focas some energy on moving the people load around DT. Right now, we cannot. It is our responsibility to maintain infrastructure, and transportation is overlooked. Roads need to be able to get you in, out , through, or around. We struggle now with 350k msa?!? wait and see what all this growth does to people who sit on monroe street mid summer. I will tell you what they will be thinking... expressways in tampa and Jax. why not go sit in traffic there. All officials need to recognize that noone will come to someplace iscolated, and we still are. Even with Cap circles improvements making it a convenient choice rather than throguh town, i still think we are in trouble. And all the placnes i see are closing roads, or turning them in to ped friendly 2 way 2 lanes. We need attention. And i hear officials say they want a ballpark on the intermural fields... comeon. have u ever been on gaines on gameday. Bad traffic makes sports suck. A ballpark in DT will spur growth, traffic, and effectually, problems. Fix the traffic, we will grow. we grow smartly, and who could possibly complain. (((ps. we nned more Green developers, with solar water heaters on roofs and such to acknowledge the changing times and lessons of high DT energy uses in other cities. save everyone energy costs))

and further more, some cities are based on thier DT, some are based on fields that are lovingly sewn, harvested, and sold. That is tallahassee.

Right now, or DT is a field that for years has been left dormant, as well thought crops are, so that nutrients can be replinished in the soil. the current growth is the test crop, see how the soil is, and next year, we will be planting her, fence to fence. But in our dormancy, did we do our heritage right?! Did we work on irrigation? Did we work on fertilizers? Did we make convienient routes through the acreage to provide for our crops? Old Tallahasseans new something about time... and though you cant see it in the shadow of a crane, soon her hatchlings will clog the lillipaded pond.

(((in case u'se guys forgot i was a writer)))

and further more, some cities are based on thier DT, some are based on fields that are lovingly sewn, harvested, and sold. That is tallahassee.

Right now, or DT is a field that for years has been left dormant, as well thought crops are, so that nutrients can be replinished in the soil. the current growth is the test crop, see how the soil is, and next year, we will be planting her, fence to fence. But in our dormancy, did we do our heritage right?! Did we work on irrigation? Did we work on fertilizers? Did we make convienient routes through the acreage to provide for our crops? Old Tallahasseans new something about time... and though you cant see it in the shadow of a crane, soon her hatchlings will clog the lillipaded pond.

(((in case u'se guys forgot i was a writer)))

WHOO!!!! :wub:

Archived