CONSTRUCTION THREAD: McBee Station

gs3

There is a old brick apartment complex next to these that are coming down as part of the project.

I have seen a rendering of the site plan, think it was in the paper, but it has been a while, I don't think it was ever available online.

Who is the developer on this project?

Thanks gsupsate! I was hoping someone would get some shots before the demo started. Man, it will be nice to be rid of those eyesores. I will say this though, the grass looks like carpet.

Has anyone seen any renderings of McBee Station?

I agree about them being eyesores for downtown. There haven't been any renderings from a ground-level view made public yet. I saw one in the Greenville News which was a nice 3D aerial view of the layout. The architecture will be key to the overall and future success of this project, in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Today's Greenville Journal has an articel on McBee station that includes a rendering.

Article mentions that rather than tearing down the apartments on the property, that they will be donated to Fire Department so that they can burn them down for training.

The Project will start in January.

Today's Greenville Journal has an articel on McBee station that includes a rendering.

Article mentions that rather than tearing down the apartments on the property, that they will be donated to Fire Department so that they can burn them down for training.

The Project will start in January.

If they burn them on site, which I'm assuming they would, could be neat to watch.

McBee Station should be a pretty good development. I was excited to learn that it was the host of both a Publix AND a Staples. The Publix is to have a back-lit sign like the one at the old Confederate Printing Plant in the Vista in Columbia. It will also have a two level parking garage, with parking for the residents underneath, and parking for the retail stores on top. Its a really sharp looking development.

Odd. I wonder why? Plulix appears to do pretty well so far as I can tell. If Publix leases the building it would make sense. There is a large section that was intended for apartments/condos that has yet to have anything in it so far as I can tell. Its been over a year at this point since that Publix opened, so maybe someone is giving up? Thats definately one for me to ponder over...

McBee Station should be a pretty good development. I was excited to learn that it was the host of both a Publix AND a Staples. The Publix is to have a back-lit sign like the one at the old Confederate Printing Plant in the Vista in Columbia. It will also have a two level parking garage, with parking for the residents underneath, and parking for the retail stores on top. Its a really sharp looking development.

I also heard there are a couple of "new to the market" restaurants to be in McBee Station.....one being Cosi, which makes sense as it's that sort of coffee, breakfast, bistro kind of place.....perfect for the area.

http://www.getcosi.com

Is this definite? Cosi is incredibly good- I lived on Cosi when I lived in NYC! What a catch!

It's not definite, but I do know that a local Greenvillian is in talks about the franchise, and they looking at McBee Station as the first of 3 Greenville locations. Thats all I know for sure. Keep your fingers crossed. :D

Odd. I wonder why? Plulix appears to do pretty well so far as I can tell. If Publix leases the building it would make sense. There is a large section that was intended for apartments/condos that has yet to have anything in it so far as I can tell. Its been over a year at this point since that Publix opened, so maybe someone is giving up? Thats definately one for me to ponder over...

Ya, Publix leases, it is being sold by the investor that leases to them.