CONSTRUCTION THREAD: McBee Station

gs3

Thanks man. We are building a 22 foot wide bullseye out of brick on the main entrance. It is the biggest bullseye many of us have every built but it is going to look great. Also the side with the harper sign on it will get brick also. At first they wanted stucco but now they have changed their mind to brick because it looked funny with that little 4 foot section going down the wall then going to stucco. We are also going to be the ones bricking the condos more than likely. Time will tell but i can definetly see the publix being open by march or april. On a side note the very top corner on the main entrance of the publix is around 44 ft tall. the condos will be around 50 ft probably and they will be on the back of the publix and wrapping around to the main entrance. The staples will have condos and storefront on the back also.

A 22-foot wide bullseye? Is this secretly going to be a Target? :lol:

Keep up the good work, erm1981.

Just how would I go about asking the Architects that own the drawings? Sorry but its my first time.

THere should be contact information on the prints that you are looking at. Either an address, phone number, or email address. (Or likely all three).

Also, there should be a proprietary information tag on the drawing itself if they don't want it shared.

Since we are doing the masonry we look at the drawings everyday. I get sick of looking at them....lol. Just come to the job and take a picture of the bullseye. Its almost done anyway. Real life picture looks way better then the drawings. Oh and we are always having to correct the architects because they can not seem to get their drawings right when it comes to masonry. If they had to figure out some of the things we have to when building these buildings they would pull out their hair.

Has the Staples started going up?

Yes. It looks to be about 1/3 of its final height right now. If you look at the third picture I took, the Staples is the building with the blue scaffolding next to it, while the Publix is right behind it with brick on one side of it. I would of taken better pics, but was kind of in a hurry.

Edited by g-man430

Yes. It looks to be about 1/3 of its final height right now. If you look at the third picture I took, the Staples is the building with the blue scaffolding next to it, while the Publix is right behind it with brick on one side of it. I would of taken better pics, but was kind of in a hurry.

I had a feeling that might be what i was looking at. Thanks for verifying. :thumbsup:

Main walls on Staples will be 27 ft tall while the main walls on the publix were 34 ft. The peak tip of the publix is around 44 ft. The staples will get the fake window arches look in the brick work also just like the publix has. The condos will probably be starting before long that will be on the back of the publix and side of it.

Main walls on Staples will be 27 ft tall while the main walls on the publix were 34 ft. The peak tip of the publix is around 44 ft. The staples will get the fake window arches look in the brick work also just like the publix has. The condos will probably be starting before long that will be on the back of the publix and side of it.

Do you know when the apartments will start or do you know when a they are aiming for as a FINAL date for the entire project?

Honestly, I have no idea what bulls eye Erm is talking about. I looked all over the building and I couldn't find it. What part of the publix building is it on Erm? :dontknow:

G-man I saw erm's big beautiful bulls eye when I was on the job site, it's on

the front of the store, you can see it from the parking deck or Church st. bridge,

and not from Mcbee. But to me it looks more like a big {C} than a bullseye.

G-man I saw erm's big beautiful bulls eye when I was on the job site, it's on

the front of the store, you can see it from the parking deck or Church st. bridge,

and not from Mcbee. But to me it looks more like a big {C} than a bullseye.

No wonder I couldn't find it. I was only looking on the side facing Mcbee and on the two smaller sides. I never look on the side that you can see from the Church St. bridge. :lol:

Its a bullseye for sure. You have to view it from a angle though to see it. Part of it turns the corner. It was tricky figuring that one out with the brick work. It was all in fun however. :-). Maybe ill get a pic with my picture phone tomorrow. Most bulleyes do not turn corners. To give you a better idea the publix sign will hang out in the air about 3 feet in the middle of this "bullseye". That is how many feet the bullseye is turning the corner. Its some newer kind of architecture off setting the brick work like that. Nothing is really symmetrical about it to me. Did you guys get a to see the big AC unit they set on top of the building today. That thing was as big as a tractor trailer. Pretty cool.

Main entrance of the publix. If you stand on the parking lot facing the publix main entrance look up and you will see it. One reason you might not have saw it is because we were lowering the hydromobile scaffold back down and it might have been blocking it. Ill try to take a picture of it tomorrow.

Its a bullseye for sure. You have to view it from a angle though to see it. Part of it turns the corner. It was tricky figuring that one out with the brick work. It was all in fun however. :-). Maybe ill get a pic with my picture phone tomorrow. Most bulleyes do not turn corners. To give you a better idea the publix sign will hang out in the air about 3 feet in the middle of this "bullseye". That is how many feet the bullseye is turning the corner. Its some newer kind of architecture off setting the brick work like that. Nothing is really symmetrical about it to me. Did you guys get a to see the big AC unit they set on top of the building today. That thing was as big as a tractor trailer. Pretty cool.

Erm I didn't notice the part of the bullseye that raps around the building,

I was in a hurry, but what I saw really looks good. I also like the little

arches on the front that look like they would go over windows, nice detail.