CONSTRUCTION THREAD: McBee Station

gs3

The framing for the apartments should start next week. The store front for the publix is comming a long good and the metal studs are being installed. Brick work on those should begin before 2 long.

Thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

Will there be on-street parking on McBee when the shops/condos get finished?

Edited by GvilleSC

There is going to be major road work going on. New curbs and road will be installed. Im sure it will look much prettier when done. I heard it will take them around 2 months to do all this.

fantastic. I was wondering if they'd do this or just leave it in a state similar to Spring/Falls street. :sick:

There is going to be major road work going on. New curbs and road will be installed. Im sure it will look much prettier when done. I heard it will take them around 2 months to do all this.

I'm assuming the landscaping fronting the street is going in during this timeframe as well? If Publix is opening in June, seems the they would want the front facing McBee to be complete.

Just wanted to update and tell you that there is now "MAJOR" activity on the apartments. The framing is going up very quickly. They already had a section done today about 200 ft long down the very back of the apartments. They are doing the first floor now. These are going to be pretty tall in their on right. Taller than i thought they were going to be. They will be taller than the elevator shafts that are sticking up there now. Good, good, good.

• 2 weeks later...

great shots indeed. This is really going to be a fantastic addition to McBee Ave. Are there any good sites that you can think of that are around and would be prime for renovation or redevelopment as a result of McBee? I want to see this grow!

Edited by GvilleSC

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that does make quite a statement! Having not been in Greenville in a couple of months, I was not expecting McBee Station to make that sort of impact. It looks great! :thumbsup:

Like it hit me when I got back to Greenville, you'll be amazed when you see it in person. There's really no way to describe the impact it's having. :shades: