CONSTRUCTION THREAD: McBee Station

gs3

Great photo update gsupstate! I imagine lots of people have been or will be out taking photos now that this place is at least partially open to the public. Just yesterday I saw quite a few people out on bikes and a few walking around the place looking at everything.

Since you have done such a great job I feel my photos are probably not necessary, but since they will become outdated in a week I'll go ahead and post them for everyone:

McBeeStation0707_01.jpg

^_^

McBeeStation0707_02b.jpg

McBeeStation0707_03.jpg

McBeeStation0707_04.jpg

McBeeStation0707_05.jpg

Wow, it is really starting to look great over there. Despite my earlier reservations about all of the wood framing on the residential units, I am very impressed and looking forward to all of the adittional consumer traffic downtown.

This is going to go a long way towards sustaining a vibrant downtown (including retail). I hope the grass at falls park can handle it! :thumbsup:

I rode down McBee today, and I must say that it looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing signs up for the small retail shops as well as the landscaping.

Question: what are the cameras for on the traffic light arms? They don't seem to be in position to catch red light runners...?

Rents start at $635 for a 1 bedroom and go up to $1,500 for a 3 bedroom, according to Apartment Finder. Anyone know what the breakdown of the apartments are?

Wow, that sounds like a very reasonable rent for downtown! Plus, residents there will be very convenient to Publix, Staples, and plenty of other retail - as well as within easy walking distance to other parts of downtown. If I were a young professional looking to live downtown but was not quite ready to purchase something, these would be where I would go. :thumbsup:

Wow, that sounds like a very reasonable rent for downtown!

I was thinking the same thing--and these are new apartments at that.

I really hope things pull through for the Main at McBee building; I really dig the architecture. It reminds me of some structures in Atlantic Station or Victory Park in Dallas on a smaller scale.

That grassy area to the right of Staples was at one time labeled as an 'out parcel'. Now on the website, it's just a grassy area with no indication of future development or potential use. Personally, I hope that it will just simply become an extension of the current shops along McBee. That is, if retail does well this far off of Main.

The site plan doesn't have any surface parking, but it does have a 2-story parking deck in the middle of the development. Will the deck be coming later? I wish the development didn't have any surface parking, but I suppose it's a necessary evil. I assume that it's somewhat hidden from the peripheral streets (e.g., McBee Ave)?

The site plan doesn't have any surface parking, but it does have a 2-story parking deck in the middle of the development. Will the deck be coming later? I wish the development didn't have any surface parking, but I suppose it's a necessary evil. I assume that it's somewhat hidden from the peripheral streets (e.g., McBee Ave)?

The deck is in place right now. The top level is on the same grade as Publix, while the lower level is on the same grade as the apartments. So, it's kind of surface parking and a parking deck in one, if that makes sense.

And yea, the parking is very much hidden from McBee Ave and Broad Streets. Not so much from Church given the elevation of the bridge and ability to see everything.

Edited by GvilleSC

^Thanks for the info. It's just kinda hard to see that from the pics I've seen.

The Spring Street garage could also serve this development too, right?

Yea, it's an easy walk, though you'd have to pay to park there. Another option, It's not a garage though, but SunTrust provides free parking in their MASSIVE lot right next door on the other side of the Church Street bridge. Parking should definitely not be a problem at nights and on weekends. Though, I'd welcome the problem if it were to exist and not people just being lazy, because it'd mean great success and further development.

The site plan doesn't have any surface parking, but it does have a 2-story parking deck in the middle of the development. Will the deck be coming later?

Yea - the parking deck is one of the first things built on this site. If you look at some of the earlier photos I took and posted from the Church Street Bridge, you'll see it there in the middle of everything. PUSkunk, I believe, got a really good shot of the parking deck and posted it here, too.

The main entrance for Publix is off the second level of the parking deck. Does anyone know if there are stairs or escalators from the lower level of the parking deck into Publix? Any kind of entrance to Publix from the lower level?

I'm not 100% certain, but I had understood that the lower level was parking for the McBee Apartments and not for the retail...that's all on the top of the deck as surface-ish parking? I could be wrong.

If you park on the bottom floor of the parking deck there is a tunnel that you can take that pops out beside the publix near an elevator where you can either choose to get on the elevator or walk around to the publix. I like how everything was done.

If you park on the bottom floor of the parking deck there is a tunnel that you can take that pops out beside the publix near an elevator where you can either choose to get on the elevator or walk around to the publix. I like how everything was done.

Thanks erm!

Excerpt from email from Terwilliger, Davis and Leadbetter about the condos:

We do not have a formal brochure nor floor plans available at this time, but I will try to give you some information about the condominiums. There will be a total of 22 condominiums consisting of one-, two- and three-bedroom floor plans ranging from approximately 1,100 sq. ft. to 2,600 sq. ft. Each of the floor plans is unique with some units featuring amenities such as roof-top terraces, unique fireplaces,