CONSTRUCTION THREAD: McBee Station

gs3

Anyone have word on additional tenants for the retail area at McBee? Tenants aren't listed yet on the website. Just Publix and Staples.

I was wondering that myself. You would think they would WANT to start geting the word out, considering the construction phase is drawing to a close.

Anyone have word on additional tenants for the retail area at McBee? Tenants aren't listed yet on the website. Just Publix and Staples.

There's alot of space (over 30,000 sf) at McBee Station to be filled by tenants other than Publix and Staples, so I would hope to start hearing something soon. My guess is that they are marketing the property to other national retailers, as they are more likely to pay higher rents... and that kind of marketing wouldn't necessarily be very visible.

There's alot of space (over 30,000 sf) at McBee Station to be filled by tenants other than Publix and Staples, so I would hope to start hearing something soon. My guess is that they are marketing the property to other national retailers, as they are more likely to pay higher rents... and that kind of marketing wouldn't necessarily be very visible.

That makes sense. Given the problems that some local niche retailers have had on the high-traffic portions of Main Street, it seems that McBee Station is an even worse place for those sorts of local retailers. In other words, McBee Station needs well-known national retailers that will draw people off of Main and create an additional high-traffic area. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

That makes sense. Given the problems that some local niche retailers have had on the high-traffic portions of Main Street, it seems that McBee Station is an even worse place for those sorts of local retailers. In other words, McBee Station needs well-known national retailers that will draw people off of Main and create an additional high-traffic area. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

I dont know about well known retailers for this location. I can see the Banana Republic's and Gap's fitting in better in the West End area.

Right next to a Publix/Apartment Building? Hmmm, I see a liquor store, a chinese/thai restaurant, tanning salon, Mailboxes etc, and maybe if we are lucky a nice Irish Pub. This aint rocket science.

I dont know about well known retailers for this location. I can see the Banana Republic's and Gap's fitting in better in the West End area.

Right next to a Publix/Apartment Building? Hmmm, I see a liquor store, a chinese/thai restaurant, tanning salon, Mailboxes etc, and maybe if we are lucky a nice Irish Pub. This aint rocket science.

I agree with you. It's not high-traffic enough for Gap or J. Crew, but certainly appropriate for the types of stores you listed.

I thought when we were talking "national" we were talking about things like Moe's, Panera, FedEx/Kinkos, Regis, Starbucks, etc. I don't think we would see mid level (Gap, JCrew, etc) clothing in this development.

There is a good deal of commercial space though. It will be interesting to see who fills it.

I could see a Moe's (sorry, Sonrise) or a Salsarita's or a Chipotle....perhaps a Firehouse Subs...maybe even another Starbuck's/Port City Java. Definitely a Chinese Takeout place would fit in...a tanning salon, yes...a nail salon, too...and a hair stylist or great clips/master cuts/hair cuttery type place.

I agree - it ain't rocket science.

These are all great suggestions. For McBee Station, I would like to see:

-Starbucks or Caribou (we already have two Port City Java's in the CBD, so I would prefer they not locate there)

-Einstein Bros.

-Chinese take-out

-Chipotle or Moe's

-Firehouse Subs (love their sandwiches!)

-obligatory hair place (would be nice if it were a salon like Regis instead of Great Clips)

-obligatory nails place

These are all great suggestions. For McBee Station, I would like to see:

-Starbucks or Caribou (we already have two Port City Java's in the CBD, so I would prefer they not locate there)

-Einstein Bros.

-Chinese take-out

-Chipotle or Moe's

-Firehouse Subs (love their sandwiches!)

-obligatory hair place (would be nice if it were a salon like Regis instead of Great Clips)

-obligatory nails place

Einstein Bros. would make me very happy. I miss the one at Clemson when I'm home.

Einstein Bros. would make me very happy. I miss the one at Clemson when I'm home.

:offtopic: There's an Einstein Bros. at Clemson? Where? I'm going to surprise my wife this weekend!

I'm still keeping fingers crossed that Caribou Coffee will enter this market. They are in Charlotte and they are in Atlanta. Have heard rumors on and off for a couple of years.

That would be an excellent one, too. I have to make a stop at the one in Ayrsley every time I go over to Lake Wylie to visit my brother.

:offtopic: There's an Einstein Bros. at Clemson? Where? I'm going to surprise my wife this weekend!

That would be an excellent one, too. I have to make a stop at the one in Ayrsley every time I go over to Lake Wylie to visit my brother.

Sorry to disappoint.

It's on campus at the Hendrix Student Center, so being that it is summer, they may not be open... Charleston's apparently isn't either, which disappointed me greatly when I was down there a few weeks ago, though it's only a block or so off of King Street.

From Clemson's Website:

EINSTEIN BROS.

Fall hours begin on August 21, 2006

Monday

Sorry to disappoint.

It's on campus at the Hendrix Student Center, so being that it is summer, they may not be open... Charleston's apparently isn't either, which disappointed me greatly when I was down there a few weeks ago, though it's only a block or so off of King Street.

From Clemson's Website:

EINSTEIN BROS.

Fall hours begin on August 21, 2006

Monday

We've got an Einstein Bros. Bagels on campus at Furman. It's located in the upstairs part of the dining hall. These are the hours during the academic year:

Monday-Thursday: 7:00 am - 2:30 pm & 7:30 pm - 2:00 am

Friday: 7:00 am - 2:30 pm

Saturday: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm

Sunday: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm - 2:00 am

We've got an Einstein Bros. Bagels on campus at Furman. It's located in the upstairs part of the dining hall. These are the hours during the academic year:

Wow! Right in my back yard and I didn't even know it. I can most definitely jaunt over there for Einstein Bros. goodness. Thanks, paladin! Welcome to Urban Planet, too!

Out of curiosity, how long has the Einstein Bros. been in the Daniel Dining Hall?

I like the hours of your's better than our's at Clemson. Closing at 4? Who does that? I'm not even out of class at that time and so much for going during study time at night... Oh well, at least we'll have a Starbucks soon. I'll hold out for McBee Station getting an Einstein Bros.

And Welcome to the forum, Paladin. I like your avatar of our awesome City Limit signs.

RT, Einstein Bros at Clemson is on the second floor of the Hendrix Student Center right outside of the elevator.

Hope the trees being planted around McBee have a warranty. Noticed this morning, the heat is really taking a toll on the new trees planted over the last week. Most were brown and dying.

The weather took the lives of several trees at the Shops at Greenridge, too, the first few months after it was opened...and they've only just now gotten around to replacing them. What's it been? Two years?

Wow! Right in my back yard and I didn't even know it. I can most definitely jaunt over there for Einstein Bros. goodness. Thanks, paladin! Welcome to Urban Planet, too!

Out of curiosity, how long has the Einstein Bros. been in the Daniel Dining Hall?

Einstein's opened up at the beginning of last school year. It was part of the big dining hall renovation project.