CONSTRUCTION THREAD: McBee Station

gs3

New tenants coming to McBee Station:

Zoe Kitchen

Tennille & Co.

Hampden Clothing

Design on Tap

Go Tri Sports

Also coming up but with names not released yet are a high gravity beer store, upscale linens store, smoothie & coffee shop, and an Interior designer.

I grew up with the family that started Zoe's in Birmingham. Had posted sometime back about them looking at Greenville. Glad to hear it will be in McBee Station. Is this a company owned or franchised location?

This is welcome addition to the lunchtime scene. :thumbsup:

http://www.zoeskitchen.com/

Already Opened:

The Joint - Chiropractic

A Dry Cleaner (forgot the name but its in the space beside Publix)

The Dry Clearner is Majic Touch, they are awsome, amazing customer service, I ahve used the one on Brushy Creek at Hudson Rd. for years, even after I moved downtown I continued to go out of my way to use them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's going to have a drive thru but I think it's going to look fairly nice. Two-three stories tall: http://www.greatergreenville.com/city_gove...BeeStqation.pdf

This will be a large building, and will certainly stand out there. I am glad to see that the part fronting McBee Street will be up on the sidewalk, with the parking spaces at the rear of the building. :thumbsup:

:sick: The traditional, bland, boring building shown in the sketch, in no way fits in with the look of the rest of McBee Station. DPC....where are you?????

I don't see anything wrong with it. :dontknow: No, it doesn't match the apartments but is that really a bad thing? ;) Is this part of the city in the DPC area?

I don't see anything wrong with it. :dontknow: No, it doesn't match the apartments but is that really a bad thing? ;) Is this part of the city in the DPC area?

It shouldn't look like the apartments, but would be nice if it blended with the retail/condos.

As it is, it looks like any typical suburban (cheap) building thrown up on any suburban corner.

Not attractive for that location IMO.

It shouldn't look like the apartments, but would be nice if it blended with the retail/condos.

As it is, it looks like any typical suburban (cheap) building thrown up on any suburban corner.

Not attractive for that location IMO.

Yeah, I agree it would be nice if it blended in with the retail/residential aspect of the development but I still think it looks nice like it is. It's right up against the street like the new Palmetto Bank headquarters is and has parking in the back. It also has that nice courtyard area next to it. Would you rather it be like the Carolina First drive-thru next to the Peacock site? Don't forget about the jobs this new bank will create either. That matters in this economy.

Let's be honest. No one is going to use that 'nice' courtyard.

I'd rather have that courtyard over more parking spaces. :sick: Funny how nobody is looking at the fact that this will create jobs. Let's instead complain about a bank that looks like a bank. That makes sense right? Instead of complaining about the design, how about praising them for bringing economic development downtown.

Edited by citylife

I'd prefer a mixed use building, and since McBee Station is nearly leased out, you would think the owners would do that instead of selling the outparcel.

I wish they would try to match the architecture better too. It is typical of banks to build in a 'substantial and traditional' style though.

McBee Station is such a great project and the traffic at Publix seems to build every month. I was hoping for more, but this is about what I thought we would actually get.

Like Strangecock said BORING!

If you think it's boring then propose something else for the site and build it instead. :rolleyes: The NIMBY's are out in full force today. What's the next project you guys are going to complain about in terms of design? The Peacock? Maybe the new Next building? How about Washington Square? ;)

Edited by citylife

If you think it's boring then propose something else for the site and build it instead. :rolleyes: The NIMBY's are out in full force today. What's the next project you guys are going to complain about in terms of design? The Peacock? Maybe the new Next building? How about Washington Square? ;)

Come on citylife......

I've been called some bad names in my years, but to be called a NIMBY! I'm outraged! (joking of course). :lol:

Very few people on here are NIMBYS, but you've got to admit, this building looks like something that would be slung up at a suburban intersection in Easley. It just doesn't work with the more urban vibe of McBee Station. Yes, I'm glad for the new jobs. Yes, I'm glad the development is happening. BUT....the city needs to force the developer to change the exterior. It is just plan bland and boring and doesn't fit into one of the most vibrant downtowns in the Southeast.

For the record....I like NEXT.....and it if ever gets built, I think the Peacock will turn out nicely.

Come on citylife......

I've been called some bad names in my years, but to be called a NIMBY! I'm outraged! (joking of course). :lol:

Very few people on here are NIMBYS, but you've got to admit, this building looks like something that would be slung up at a suburban intersection in Easley. It just doesn't work with the more urban vibe of McBee Station. Yes, I'm glad for the new jobs. Yes, I'm glad the development is happening. BUT....the city needs to force the developer to change the exterior. It is just plan bland and boring and doesn't fit into one of the most vibrant downtowns in the Southeast.

For the record....I like NEXT.....and it if ever gets built, I think the Peacock will turn out nicely.

Ok...I apologize for calling you and everybody else a NIMBY. :) Sometimes, we all go overboard with our statements. The project was always slated to include a bank on that site. I know we're all hoping for a 30-story highrise there but it's just not going to happen unfortunately. I don't know if the city can force the developer to change the exterior. It depends if this is in the DPC area or not.

Edited by citylife