CONSTRUCTION THREAD: McBee Station

gs3

• 4 weeks later...

Well, though I still don't view this project as the ideal development for this lot, it will be nice to have this added built density. I'm anxious to see how this affects your experience down McBee. It most definitely will have an impact

Agreed. At least it's density, but beyond that, I don't like the blandness of the building design. Construction equip on site:

IMG_9544.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Great use. He delivers a quality product and I'm sure these will be on the higher end. Hopefully the Alta Vista Neighborhood Association won't raise too much hell.

I don't think you should worry about the AVNA, its nearly outside of that neighborhood and its much better than the empty lot. However, this is the third separate plan for this lot in about five years. The last two never came to fruition because of financing so it will interesting to see if it gets built.

Didn't this same developer also promise us a new condo development on Rhett Street a few years back along with another one on Cleveland Street/Camperdown Way where neither one got built? This is like watching the Mark Kent or Bob Ellis saga all over again.

Great use. He delivers a quality product and I'm sure these will be on the higher end. Hopefully the Alta Vista Neighborhood Association won't raise too much hell.

Delivers a quality product? More like delivers no product.

Edited by citylife

In defense of Tom Croft, he has built two very successful condo projects downtown: The Field House condominiums and 400 North Main Street. He also built several other smaller detached single family home communties that are solid. Timing ultimately killed his Rhett Street project. I don’t know Tom Croft but your statement is way off base. He is an actual developer unlike the two other gentlemen you mentioned.

• 1 month later...

Citylife mentioned a building permit for an upfit in McBee Station on a different thread recently. The space is facing McBee between Design on Tap and On On Tri. It appears that the entire space between them is being built out. It is 3-4 smaller spaces being combined apparently.

Edited by vicupstate

Citylife mentioned a building permit for an upfit in McBee Station on a different thread recently. The space is facing McBee between Design on Tap and On On Tri. It appears that the entire space between them is being built out. It is 3-4 smaller spaces being combined apparently.

Sounds like a good sized operation. Wonder if it will be food, shopping, or offices?

Looks like the new McBee Station tenant is a dentist. Medical is getting quite popular in the CBD/West End.

Pete Brett, CCIM, of CBC Caine, represented the Landlord, McBee Station Greenville, LLC, in the Lease of 2,303 SF Retail Space, at McBee Station, 400 E. McBee Avenue, Suite 108 in Greenville, to Downtown Dental, LLC.

Edited by vicupstate

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have sales figures for McBee Station? I really like the Great Clips, Publix and Staples, but the stores in the entrance driveway (Hampden Clothing and others) don't really seem to last.

I'd say that the center needs an additional anchor, but perhaps just finding the right mix of tenants will work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Wow that's refreshing to hear! McBee Station has struggled with the small retail spaces during the recession. They found a winner in Greek Town Grill. Hopefully these other additions will perform well!

Good news indeed.  It will be good to see nearly all the spaces filled.  I wonder if the condos ever sold out?