CONSTRUCTION THREAD: McBee Station

gs3

If you go to the architect's website, pazdan-smith.com, you can click on portfolio, and then mixed use to see renderings. Most of them are the original renderings, so they are old, but one shows an elevation of the apartments which looks nice. 5 stories will have a presence as you come over the Church Street bridge. Once again, this may not be what they will look like now, but it's nice to get an understanding.

They have ICAR rendering on their site as well. For the Spec buildings.

OMG! Leave Greenville for a couple of days and look how much happens! :D The rendering is great btoy! This gives an idea of what McBee Station will be like. So great to see the apartments coming down! What a GREAT, GREAT, GREAT addition to downtown!!! :yahoo:

Looking at the plan for McBee, I love that the small retailers front McBee and Publix is behind. This will definitely help keep the walkability / pedstrian friendly feel of downtown. Downtown is spreading out....it's not just Main Street anymore! :D

Harper Corp says this project should begin in late April or May, building the Publix.

That's wicked awesome news! I can't wait until this store is open!

I wonder if it will look anything like THIS Publix on Highway 50 (Colonial Drive) in Orlando. I remember when they built this one in Orlando. It's a neat layout and very much a ode to Publix' earlier stores.

Thanks. I had completely forgotten about the renderings. You're right.

This store in Orlando is very quaint inside. I used to stop in there pretty often for a loaf of white mountain bread and some fresh-squeezed orange juice (something that, believe it or not, you couldn't find just anywhere in Orlando).

• 2 weeks later...

Driving over the Church Street Bridge, it's really impressive the amount of land for McBee Station. Looks like a Riverplace size development, though I know it's smaller. Great to see a project of this magnitude from the bridge. :thumbsup: Can't wait for construction to begin. Almost all the old apartments are gone. Couple of photos (with the Greenville green rail). :D

CIMG4609.jpg

CIMG4610.jpg

I'm with you on this RT! I realized its impact and that it was going to be big, but driving down Broad Street yesterday really hit it home. This is going to have such an impact on both streets visually. Hopefully the construction will start soon and will be fast moving! Downtown's density is about to get a major injection with a QUALITY project- which I'd rather have than a bunch of different developments that don't fit well together.