CONSTRUCTION THREAD: McBee Station

gs3

I didn't realize it was bigger than Riverplace btoy. :shok:

Are you including the acreage on the other side of River Street slated for Phase III in the Riverplace estimate?

It is also interesting to note the investment totals (still only estimates) for these two developments. McBee Station is around $50-million, while RiverPlace is currently well over $100-million. That helps put them in perspective. I do find it interesting, since originally, RiverPlace was said to be at $55-65-million.

It is also interesting to note the investment totals (still only estimates) for these two developments. McBee Station is around $50-million, while RiverPlace is currently well over $100-million. That helps put them in perspective. I do find it interesting, since originally, RiverPlace was said to be at $55-65-million.

The difference in Riverplace's budget is the cost the city had to pay the three landowners for the Main St. access. :cry:

Well, that's part of it anyway.

If you are confused about the name, and why things haven't been updated i might know the reason why. They have a new site. www.155riverplace.com and they still have www.55riverplace.com.

Thanks, btoy! I guess they've never heard of the REDIRECT. :rolleyes:

Thanks, btoy! I guess they've never heard of the REDIRECT. :rolleyes:

Na...even the graphics on the http://www.155riverplace.com/ site still say "55 Riverplace." :whistling:

I didn't intend for that to happen that way...those were actually two separate posts, but since you noticed...there's a trick here...sometimes...if you post twice in a row, it pops them both into one post. I still haven't quite figured out exactly how to reproduce this, but I've noticed it a few times. :lol:

I think this project could be more beneficial to Downtown than even Riverplace.

The Grocery store in particular will make living DT much more desireable and sought after. Add Staples and the other retail outlets and it does even more in that regard.

The now empty retail units in the Bookends building will hopefully benefit from it's proximity to the center.

Also, the rental housing market will expand exponentially. This will help bring some income variety as well, which is much needed also.

Lastly, it will 'extend' Downtown beyond Church Street and help to link together DT with the Haynie-Sirrine/Church St corridor.

Frankly, just the elimination of those eyesore apartments is a big bonus already.