CONSTRUCTION THREAD: McBee Station

gs3

Great pic.

I wonder if that Church would be open to relocating. There site is pretty big and it will be worth a lot more once McBee Station is in. As I recall, I'm not too crazy about it's architecture.

Same question about the buildings facing Broad Street immediately South of the McBee Station site.

Are you talking about the building in the foreground or the background, because the building in the foreground is a senior citizen assistant facility, that I recall although I could be wrong? I'm not sure what the building in the background is unless that is the church your talking about.

Edited by g-man430

The building in the background center is a church, yes. I've parked in that lot before while taking photos.

The building across the street, I can't recall. I believe it is a government office of some sort though.

The building in the foreground is a senior's center. I could be wrong, but isn't it being relocated as part of this McBee Station Development as well?

The building with the pyramid-shaped roof is Springfield Baptist, a black congregation who would probably not be willing to relocate. The church has been around for several decades, if I remember correctly. Civil rights leaders speak there fairly often.

The building furthest to the background across the street is a family center of some sort (name slips me at present). I personally think it could be renovated to look attractive as it is rather old. :)

The building in the foreground is a senior's center. I could be wrong, but isn't it being relocated as part of this McBee Station Development as well?

The building in the background was the one I was referring to. The Church building doesn't look that old, has it always been at that location?

The Senior's Center is being demolished for the McBee Station project.

• 3 weeks later...

In what way(s) do they differ slightly from the renderings? (for those who haven't seen the renderings you have)

for starters the Publix tower doesn't appear to be on the corner of the building and is not quite as tall, the fascia looks more like it will stucco rather than brick (however this could just be the illutration), Everything is painted in more complimentary earthy tones (kind of burnt orange, olive and tan) . The publix tower has a large circular indention offset to one side with side offset within it and the awnings are much lower over the front walkway, and for lack of a better desciption, look a little country (not in a bad way, its just what it reminds me of)

Staplesis somewhat similar except that the tower appears to house condo units (or part of) with balconies off of it, the "country" awnings are gone and on the corner is what is labeled as a "Retail Stand" and appears to be just thatwith awnings over a large pass-through window and no door for the typical in-store type retail.

Don't know if all that makes sense...however these pictures willbe seen on the site soon.

• 2 weeks later...