Grand Rapids Business Journal Poll

GRDadof3

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to let the Business Journal how we feel about additional development downtown:

http://www.grbj.com/GRBJ/Homepage.htm

See poll on the right side of the page. You don't need to subscibe to vote. I can't even believe some of the options they have :P

Good results so far though...everyone has voted for "keep buildin' stuff!"

:rofl: "I don't mind development, just leave a tunnel of a siteline from my condo down to the river" should be one of the choices for Bob. Now the survey has one dope voting for "Some more, but let's not overdo it". HARHAR. At least the pro-development people are winning with 27.

:rofl: "I don't mind development, just leave a tunnel of a siteline from my condo down to the river" should be one of the choices for Bob. Now the survey has one dope voting for "Some more, but let's not overdo it". HARHAR. At least the pro-development people are winning with 27.

How exactly do we "overdo" development? :wacko: Does it spill out and block off half of Michigan Ave? :blink:

Ok, as the "dope" who voted for the before mentioned choice I will explain what I mean. I think we are getting overloaded with some certain types of development in the downtown area. I.E. high end residential condominiums. Redeveloping the buildings is certainly good for the city and I don't think we should quit until every last building has been redeveloped. However, we need to get some diversity in the housing. We need more rental units and some affordable rental units at that.

Thats what I mean by "don't overdo it".

Nitro (resident dope)

Ok, as the "dope" who voted for the before mentioned choice I will explain what I mean. I think we are getting overloaded with some certain types of development in the downtown area. I.E. high end residential condominiums. Redeveloping the buildings is certainly good for the city and I don't think we should quit until every last building has been redeveloped. However, we need to get some diversity in the housing. We need more rental units and some affordable rental units at that.

Nitro (resident dope)

Ahh....duly noted. Thanks for the explanation, dope--erm, Nitro. ;) It is kind of a vague question, though, now that I think about it.

Nitro (resident dope)

Sorry Nitro. They should add a comment area at the bottom of the survey for people to expound a little :P In regards to your comments, you're probably right.

Archived