History of Another House

cafealotaguy

There is a house of of E.North Street past Plesentburg heading towards downtown. It is very close to the Bob Jones campus and backs up to the interstate and an apartment complex. It is a large property for the area with a lake on-site and a little bridge to get onto the property. The way I discovered it is the whole High School myth (im a high school student) that its supposedly haunted and a lady killed herself in it. I'll have pictures in a little while but for now I have a picture from terraserver Arial Photo If anybody has info on it I am very intrested in it .

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is actually not the Gassaway mansion. This property he asked about is located between Keith Dr. and E Circle. I always heard it was haunted, too. There is a pretty good amount of acreage with the home and it was sold at auction about a year ago to Azure Development, LLC. I'm sure their intent is to develop--it would be another nice infill project.

Actually, my mother grew up on Kendal Green, so I've got some history. Also my friend actually went in there about a month ago with some of his friends. From what he told me, it was as if someone got up to go somewhere in 1981 and never came back. There was paperwork everywhere in there from the same era. He also said that there was an elevator. Anyways, I'm working on some more info.

here is the Greenville County GIS Tax info. Oddly enough, it seems to be on its own street.

Parcel ID: 0193030200300

Tax Year: 2004

Jurisdiction: 1

Owner: SMITH EDWARD GERALD

Owner 2: &JAMES REAVES&LEWIS KATHLEEN S

Mailing Address: 8 YUKON DRIVE

City: GREENVILLE

State: SC

Zipcode: 29605

Zipcode +4:

In Care Of: AZURE DEVELOPMENT LLC

Previous Owner: SMITH MARIE REAVES

Deed Book: 1650

Deed Page: 1168

Deed Date: 12/07/1994

Sales Price: $0.00

Plat Book:

Plat Page: 0

Subdivision Lot Number: PT.7,8

Tax District: 500

Subdivision:

Landuse: 9170

Estimated Acres: 14.61

Site Address Number:

Site Address Street: AZURE VIEW

Building Value: $65,000.00

Land Value: $312,698.00

Total Value: $377,698.00

Square Footage: 3712

Number of Bathrooms: 5

Number of Bedrooms: 7

Number of Halfbaths: 0

Taxes: $7,406.37

Tax Paid Date: 01/18/2005

I believe that there is a sad history of several murders having occured in this home, and I can attest to strange occurences down there when I'm outside my grandparents home at the top of Kendall Green. In fact I've gotten to the point, I won't even drive by there at night.

I have all the photos posted here. My friends and I have always refered to it as the Smith House (former resident ?) If anyone goes to see it just some info, its tresspassing and a few of my friends have had to deal with the police a while back for going there.

And yes jarvisj13 there is an elevator in the house, we have more pictures from inside but I don't know where I put them. I would say that the structure of the house isn't that sound and anyone going inside should be very cautious.

I have all the photos posted here. My friends and I have always refered to it as the Smith House (former resident ?) If anyone goes to see it just some info, its tresspassing and a few of my friends have had to deal with the police a while back for going there.

And yes jarvisj13 there is an elevator in the house, we have more pictures from inside but I don't know where I put them. I would say that the structure of the house isn't that sound and anyone going inside should be very cautious.

Would be interesting to explore this house. I read the directions, but still can't place exactly where it is. Is it behind S&S Cafeteria and all those small buildings along Pleasantburg?

That is actually not the Gassaway mansion. This property he asked about is located between Keith Dr. and E Circle. I always heard it was haunted, too. There is a pretty good amount of acreage with the home and it was sold at auction about a year ago to Azure Development, LLC. I'm sure their intent is to develop--it would be another nice infill project.

I stand corrected. :blush: This is why we all should check the links before replying based on an assumption. I was in a hurry and... well, you know how it goes. ;)

That is a very interesting place. I've never heard of it before, and since it is said to be haunted, I don't expect to be making plans on exploring for myself. :ph34r:

Traveling out of downtown on East North Street, you'll come to a traffic light in the Overbrook community (recognized by a church on the left and a Pumpers filling station on the right). Take the road next to the Church on the left and it is only about 200 yards straight ahead. You can see it from East North Street. I heard that someone bought it for $1000 several years ago? B)

Do you have an address for that one?

I was going to try and take a picture sometime when I am out that way, but the address is 12 Ashley Ave (off N Main). It's not nearly as stunning as the Mansion, but I thought it was interesting that this is where she moved after living in the mansion.

• 1 month later...

Archived