Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Florida

Favors Plaza

Anita Favor's Plaza

Postal Tower

FavorsPlaza.jpg

I've been thinking for some time that the piece of property just next to Kleman Plaza, where the downtown post office sits, could become our new plaza for development. I think the site, as it currently is, is under used, and unattractive. It could be better suited for a new office tower development with a chain of green space connecting Kleman Plaza and the Chain of Parks.

Here's a visual:

DSCF2202.jpg

Currently

FavorsPlaza.jpg

The Plan

We used to park there on Sunday's when we attended First Baptist Church when I was a wee lad. Things came around full circle last year when my wife and I started attending there. If they turned it into a green space, I wonder where all of the church-goers would park. :)

Well first Baptist does have that nice parking Garage. I think Favor's plaza should have underground parking like Kleman Plaza. I'm getting excited thinking about this. I may need to show face at a commission meeting and throw out a few ideas.

What's that about the Garden State CD? Was that just some random thought you wanted to post?

Well, if you look at the post office, it seems I wouldn't be difficult at all to convince the feds to allow you to rebuild it as part of a new office tower complex.

We will need a renovation of the DT facilities if we are going to lure companies and residence... duh. So we should buildoze and build up. No debate for me, but i do love the "clock tower" on college, so we should buildit into the design. The area is so sexy, that post office is an ugly little devil.

I agree with you about the post office... I think it should either be returned to the Federal Court it came from, or be demolished and built into a new facility.

I'm not an architect, but I gave it a try on my own...

Anita Favor's Plaza

Postal Tower

FavorsPlaza.jpg

The Building Design is conceptual, but ideally it will be highrise and unique.

The Key Elements of this project include:

-High Rise Office Building

-The Incorporation of the US Post Office

-New Under Ground Parking Garage

-Linkage Between Kleman Plaza and The Chain of Parks, Library

-Retail Opportunities also possible

-Apartments a possible

I know you like that funky paint job I gave it don't cha!

A good ol' Urban Planet buddy sent me some software. Now I can play around a little.

You want me to give a stab at the Office Highrise at Monroe & College? I'll do it!