Favors Plaza

Florida

Anita Favor's Plaza

Postal Tower

FavorsPlaza.jpg

I've been thinking for some time that the piece of property just next to Kleman Plaza, where the downtown post office sits, could become our new plaza for development. I think the site, as it currently is, is under used, and unattractive. It could be better suited for a new office tower development with a chain of green space connecting Kleman Plaza and the Chain of Parks.

Here's a visual:

DSCF2202.jpg

Currently

FavorsPlaza.jpg

The Plan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We used to park there on Sunday's when we attended First Baptist Church when I was a wee lad. Things came around full circle last year when my wife and I started attending there. If they turned it into a green space, I wonder where all of the church-goers would park. :)

We will need a renovation of the DT facilities if we are going to lure companies and residence... duh. So we should buildoze and build up. No debate for me, but i do love the "clock tower" on college, so we should buildit into the design. The area is so sexy, that post office is an ugly little devil.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not an architect, but I gave it a try on my own...

Anita Favor's Plaza

Postal Tower

FavorsPlaza.jpg

The Building Design is conceptual, but ideally it will be highrise and unique.

The Key Elements of this project include:

-High Rise Office Building

-The Incorporation of the US Post Office

-New Under Ground Parking Garage

-Linkage Between Kleman Plaza and The Chain of Parks, Library

-Retail Opportunities also possible

-Apartments a possible

Archived