Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Garris

New England Foliage Watch

Hi everyone,

For photo oriented folks like myself (or anyone who likes to sightsee), I thought we could keep a running report on how the leaves are looking throughout New England.

Here right now in Providence, there was just the first hint of change, but the weekend's rains put most of those on the ground. What's happening elsewhere?

- Garris

Providence, RI

There's already a fair amount of color along 195 between Providence and Fall River. For some reason that area always seems to change before anything else around here.

there's a lot of color on the trees up in maine right now. my girlfriend was just up there for business and saw some really beautiful colors.

I took the bus from Boston to Providence today and noticed a lot of colour, but it seemed rather muted.

I took the bus from Boston to Providence today and noticed a lot of colour, but it seemed rather muted.

I think the recent heavy rains last week will negatively impact the foilage season this year. The best colors come out when the weather is cool and dry. We normally start peaking at this time of year but there's been little evidence of that in S.E. New England...