Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TSmith

Donald Trump's view on rebuilding New Orleans.

Trump says, "About four days before the hurricane, we were thinking about building something there with a New Orleans developer as a partner." He reassured that tormented city that "I look forward to being part of the rebuilding process."

Great article, TSmith!

Real estate will be a MAJOR part of New Orleans' return to the top, I will happy to see construction on new condo towers and new houses begin, it will symbolize the start of the New Orleans' revival.

On this same topic, Trump, in an interview, said that he knows a lot of great developers from "everywhere"... "flocking" to New Orleans post-Katrina. I just wonder who these developers are and what their plans are?!

^I hope their plans are well thought out and well planned. I would hate to see New Orleans fall victim to hundreds of crappy condo projects.

^I hope their plans are well thought out and well planned. I would hate to see New Orleans fall victim to hundreds of crappy condo projects.

I don't think New Orleans has the market for too many mass condo towers. They certainly have the market for first-class hotels, though.

I was hoping the development would be largely commercial.

Great news! When Trump is interested thats always a good thing.

It certainly is.

I was very exited when I heard about him wanting to build in New Orleans, and even more exited when the plan was approved.

^I imagine the tower will be 60-70 stories and 700-750 feet tall. Though no specific number has been given on the height of the tower.