Washington Mutual considers moving regional ser

bobliocatt

Washington Mutual is considering making its Jacksonville campus a regional operation center and adding 600 local jobs by 2010. The company, who already employs 2,600 at its Jacksonville campus, is also considering Irvine,TX and Florence, SC. The company is also asking for $1.8 million in incentives, of which the city of Jax would have to contribute $360,000. The average salary would be around $37,851.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor..._19997890.shtml

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I would love to see them come here, I have to give a "wohoo" to florence (my home town) I do know that if they do florence, they will more than likely have to build a new structure. Right now I think they are jsut in a shopping center/office strip type location there...

here, they have plenty of buildings currently availible to suit there needs. If they do come here, I say fill some of the Dowtown Office vacancy

Either way.. Cool

While I would love to see them come here, I have to give a "wohoo" to florence (my home town) I do know that if they do florence, they will more than likely have to build a new structure. Right now I think they are jsut in a shopping center/office strip type location there...

here, they have plenty of buildings currently availible to suit there needs. If they do come here, I say fill some of the Dowtown Office vacancy

Either way.. Cool

I believe the Florence location is in a new office building that is just off of I-95. I wonder if Jax gets the expansion, if they will close the Florence office. That would be a big blow if they did.

Good news, even though it probably won't be downtown. I wish there was a way to make downtown appeal to more out-of-town companies. If they relocate to Jax, they probably look to the office parks, maybe because they're cheaper? easier to park? I dunno...

We got lucky with Fidelity. For as much as we all gripe about their bland architecture, they could've moved to JTB..... ick....

Archived