Capital Bank HQ may move to DT Raleigh

reed

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank goodness that someone is commited to NC and wanting to stay in the Triangle. I feel so bad for the Triad in losing Jefferson Pilot. What a freggin shame. If I were the Chamber I would let the new CEO who was instrumental in the deal to pack his bags and never set foot in NC again !!! The deal is not even that great for shareholders. And to top it all off the CEO was not even in the role for a friggin year !!! Someone should pick up the phone and call our senators and figure out why they are not helping NC with retaining companies. I am all for NC and for a 100+ year old company to bend over and take it up the rear is ridiculous. This CEO should be ousted and the chamber and state leaders should be ashamed that they have not done more to incent the company to stay in Greensboro.

Fifteen years ago the Triad was home to 10 Fortune 500 HQ's, now that count is THREE !!! (and this is suppose to be a growing progressive state. I am sick of politicians playing politics and not doing their job. This is a HUGE shame for all of us that call NC home. From Charlotte, to the Triangle, we all need to be pro-active in making our state the best)

A2

:angry:

^^^ it's great news for downtown Raleigh! if the bank expands, how cool would it be for them to anchor a new building? Taking that much existnig space off the parket is also excellent for the downtown as a whole.

As to the Triad situation w/JP, I think that has much more to do with macro-economics and globalization than with anything else, and, yes, it's a shame. But think about the companies that were there-- mostly the HQ for the old line manufacturing giants, and as we know the state's economy is moving further away from its manufacturing roots. The Triad will recover, though. It's a great region with comparatively more affordable housing, and will re-invent itself eventually. It's doing that to some extent now, but I fear it will be a long road ahead for them.

Thank goodness that someone is commited to NC and wanting to stay in the Triangle. I feel so bad for the Triad in losing Jefferson Pilot. What a freggin shame. If I were the Chamber I would let the new CEO who was instrumental in the deal to pack his bags and never set foot in NC again !!! The deal is not even that great for shareholders. And to top it all off the CEO was not even in the role for a friggin year !!! Someone should pick up the phone and call our senators and figure out why they are not helping NC with retaining companies. I am all for NC and for a 100+ year old company to bend over and take it up the rear is ridiculous. This CEO should be ousted and the chamber and state leaders should be ashamed that they have not done more to incent the company to stay in Greensboro.

Fifteen years ago the Triad was home to 10 Fortune 500 HQ's, now that count is THREE !!! (and this is suppose to be a growing progressive state. I am sick of politicians playing politics and not doing their job. This is a HUGE shame for all of us that call NC home. From Charlotte, to the Triangle, we all need to be pro-active in making our state the best)

A2

:angry:

Just interested in what were the 10 F500 HQ's ? And what are the 3 now? I assume Hanes, RJ Reynolds/Nabisco, Burlington Industries ???.

Wow....three comments in a row. This is good and I wish it would put pressure on 1st Citiznes to be DT. But on insiders info, I have heard there is no way. What a shame !! They spend $$MMs on their branches but put their HQ in the old Cameron Browne building and will maybe build a 1/3 circle building around the round building on 6-forks for their new HQ. Says something for midtown but svcks for DT.

I do understand that First Citizens Bank is probably the most conservitive bank in the US and being family owned and controlled, they are putting the HQ in North Raleigh were there people are but it really doesn't do them any good P.R. Especailly when articals come out about Raleigh or State Government, a picture of Downtown is usually added, great P. R. You have to admit when you think of NY, LA, San Francisco or even Charlotte, you probably think of a specific downtown building. What hurts is for them to tear down there beautiful, (on the National Register of Historic Buildings), highrise. I think that now when I think of First Citizens, I probably think of there old parking lot now. Very sad! But maybe out from the ashes, RBC will arise! And now that Capital Bank may also take up some downtown space it will help heal the missing finanical holes that are downtown. One of those holes is being filled by the City of Raleigh. The city is filling up the old Raleigh Federal Savings Bank building on Fayettville St Mall and are offices for more city employees until something else is built for them. I hope that sometime in the near future Raleigh will build one highrise building for all of its employees. But thats for another message board...

• 4 weeks later...

Most of you may have already seen this.

Linc to Capital Banks downtown plans.

Capital Bank Moving Headquarters to Downtown Raleigh

http://www.capitalbank-nc.com/recent_news/...s.html#11.02.05

Always good to have more local compaines move downtown. Now if only we could get First Citizens downtown!!!!!

Yeah, the 333 Corporate Center building used to be the BB&T building before BB&T moved to the Two Hanover building, (the tallest building in Raleigh, right now). The inside of the 333 building may be nice, but the outside leaves a lot to be desired as far as I am concerned. It's not the black glass that bothers me, it's the verticial hard lines that stand out in a not so good way. But since they lost that Mckinney and Silver marketing firm,(moved to downtown Durham), they have needed a new tenant. It's a great move for Capital Bank and for downtown Raleigh. Now lets hope that CB doesn't sell out to another big bank, at least until they build another office building first.

Archived