New Super Wal-Mart/Sam's Club at X-Rite Site

GRDadof3

Just as I suspected, the current X-Rite plant on 44th is being eyed for a Super Wal-Mart and Sam's Club when X-Rite moves to Kentwood. Walmart would vacate the store at Kenowa and 44th by the highway. That store cannot be that old? It's kinda like the bonehead move that Target did on 28th. "Same Great Store, Just 1 Mile Further From You!" :P

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ss....xml&coll=6

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^I can't believe this!! :lol: In the south, we LIVE at wal-mart! HAHA :D

This has more truth to it then a lot of people know. After living in Georgia for two years I came to miss Meijer greatly. The Super Walmarts don't compare in quality or any other factor. There is no store in the south that is like Meijer.

Nitro

Just as I suspected, the current X-Rite plant on 44th is being eyed for a Super Wal-Mart and Sam's Club when X-Rite moves to Kentwood. Walmart would vacate the store at Kenowa and 44th by the highway. That store cannot be that old? It's kinda like the bonehead move that Target did on 28th. "Same Great Store, Just 1 Mile Further From You!" :P

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ss...1040.xml&coll=6

When Target moved, they upgraded their store from a regular Target to a Super Target. This is the first Super Target in Michigan, as they are testing the market.

As far as Walmart goes, being stuck in the UP I am forced to shop at Walmart. I really wich Meijers would look into expanding up here, there is a large market for another 24hr chain gorcer. Marquette people have a lot of money (compare to the rest of the UP), and I know most people cant stand Walmart.

When Target moved, they upgraded their store from a regular Target to a Super Target. This is the first Super Target in Michigan, as they are testing the market.

As far as Walmart goes, being stuck in the UP I am forced to shop at Walmart. I really wich Meijers would look into expanding up here, there is a large market for another 24hr chain gorcer. Marquette people have a lot of money (compare to the rest of the UP), and I know most people cant stand Walmart.

My wife has shopped at that Target, and she tells me it's almost exactly the same :huh: I thought that I heard they nixed the SuperTarget concept for that store??

And I don't envy you being in Marquette...

I havent been to a walmart in several years, and i plan on it staying that way :P If I have to go to one, its usually meijers or occasionally target

My wife has shopped at that Target, and she tells me it's almost exactly the same :huh: I thought that I heard they nixed the SuperTarget concept for that store??

My fiance was pretty excited about the 'Super Target' until we got there. I think you're right about them nixing it, because it's not that much different. Maybe a starbucks makes a super target? :D

My fiance was pretty excited about the 'Super Target' until we got there. I think you're right about them nixing it, because it's not that much different. Maybe a starbucks makes a super target? :D

So would that mean the Meijer at Knapp's Corner is a "Super-Meijer", since they have a Starbucks :P

All its missing is a deli/meats and produce, which they plan on adding.

I think if Meijer keeps expanding South, people down there are going to be shocked at how much nicer a job they do, especially with signage, colors, floor finishes (laminate wood floors in the abundant wine area), tile floors in the produce areas, lighting, selection, and good pricing. The only thing I don't like about Knapp's Corner is they keep experimenting with store layout, so every month things are moved around again <_<

Archived