Can Columbia Gain National Exposure

803metlife

The whitewater championships is an international event half will be held in Cola, and the other half will be in CLT. Cola area was very aggressive in trying to attract this competition to the area. Cola was considered because of it's naturally occuring rapids. Competitors in CLT will be competing on man made structures.

I posted a thread on the event a couple of months ago.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's IDA's website where you can get more info: http://www.ida-downtown.org/

Not sure of which cities have hosted past conferences, but Portland is hosting the 2006 national conference in October, the 2007 spring conference will be in Anchorage, and the 2007 annual conference will be in NYC. Sure looks like good company to me. From looking at the agenda (link in previous post), it looks like this conference will give Columbia great exposure as it will highlight many of the city's successes and amenities.

• 1 month later...

This isn't as high-profile as the IDA convention, but I was flying back from Cincinnati last week and saw that Columbia was featured in the airline magazine. The majority of the article focused on Congaree National Park, but they also highlighted some of Columbia's other attractions.

This isn't as high-profile as the IDA convention, but I was flying back from Cincinnati last week and saw that Columbia was featured in the airline magazine. The majority of the article focused on Congaree National Park, but they also highlighted some of Columbia's other attractions.

That's cool, I'd love to see the article; I wonder if it's online anywhere?

Archived