The EpiCentre / TwoTenTrade / aloft

ElricSeven

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm not mistaken....and I sometimes am.....this would be the tallest primarly residential tower between Miami and New York....

I hope they pull it off......an April start date sounds pretty damn amibitious.....

I've heard from several sources that this will likely turn out to be apartments......lenders are nervous about too many condos in an untested market, and the Uptown apartment vacancy is by far the lowest in county (all the newer apartment buildings in Uptown are essentially fully occupied)

The problem with mixing condos and apartments is that is VERY hard to get financed......in fact, it will be hard to mix condos with rental office space (that's why trademark is for sale office).......the banks aren't very sophisticated when it comes to structuring loans for mixed-use projects.

The Observer was very straight forward in saying that in height this very well might NOT be the 2nd tallest.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I the printed edition there is a box that would indicate otherwise, not so straight forward afterall.

You are getting a bit boring with your constant arguments with the forumers here over the semantics of what appears in the local news. We all know here that none of these projects are firm until they stick the shovel into the ground. :rolleyes:

If I'm not mistaken....and I sometimes am.....this would be the tallest primarly residential tower between Miami and New York....

I hope they pull it off......an April start date sounds pretty damn amibitious.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not to familiar with Atlanta's proposed developments, but there are four planned, in Florida that will give this project a run for its money, as the tallest residential towers between MIA and NYC. The Jacksonville Riverpointe Twins will be 750ft tall. Trump Tower Tampa will be 50+ stories and supposed to be over 600ft. The planned Four Seasons tower in Tampa is also over 50 stories and said to be at least 630ft. Hopefully all five of these towers will be built fairly soon.

I didn't know about the Jacksonville proposal (they would definetly be taller) What is the status of the Four Seasons? I kinda thought that was a dead deal, or maybe I'm thinking of a different Tampa building.

This one will probably be between 625 and 650, but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm not to familiar with Atlanta's proposed developments, but there are four planned, in Florida that will give this project a run for its money, as the tallest residential towers between MIA and NYC.  The Jacksonville Riverpointe Twins will be 750ft tall.  Trump Tower Tampa will be 50+ stories and supposed to be over 600ft.  The planned Four Seasons tower in Tampa is also over 50 stories and said to be at least 630ft.  Hopefully all five of these towers will be built fairly soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard the world's tallest building was proposed in Fla. once.

So we have the following CBD Residential projects announced.

• Epicenter - 53 Stories - Trade & College

• Avenue - 36 Stories - North Church & W. 5th

• Trademark - 28 Stories - W. Trade

• The Park - 21 Stories - 3rd & Caldwell

• Courtside - 17 Stories - 6th & Caldwell

• 230 South Tryon - 13 stories - Tyron & 3rd.

Plus numerous other low rise developments.

If this turns out to be apartments, and if apartments and condos are hard to mix, then I wonder what a 2-storey penthouse would rent for? ...and who would be willing to pay that kind of rent in Charlotte? There is also the possibility of starting out as apartments and converting to condos later. Charlotte has had several condo conversions of apartment buildings/complexes.

I hope the final version of this building has a better looking design for the top - that's the only thing I don't like about the current rendering.

Sports stars would rent this......high-income and lack of long term commitment to a location........Also, BofA rents out several penthouses in 5th and Poplar when they have employees come in from across the country for extended stays in Charlotte

Hopefully they will release the names of the other shops/restaurants/bars. I think the only info out right now is that there will be a Fox Sports Grille, a movie theater (Consolidated Theaters), and Lucky Strike Bowling. Does anyone know anything else? An FYE (For Your Entertainment) store would be nice to have, as well as a bookstore.

Hopefully they will release the names of the other shops/restaurants/bars. I think the only info out right now is that there will be a Fox Sports Grille, a movie theater (Consolidated Theaters), and Lucky Strike Bowling. Does anyone know anything else? An FYE (For Your Entertainment) store would be nice to have, as well as a bookstore.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what do you guys think of the notched out section (reminiscent of the westin) seen in the second rending?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes 0A bookstore... ooh and Laser Tag! haha :)

Charlotte is on fire - and scores another truly amazing project. People won't want to LEAVE uptown because there will be more cool stuff there than you could ever possibly need. And even if they have to go somewhere else, they'll have the light rail line and the bus center right next door to take them there.

All this makes me want to get a job at Wachovia or BofA just so I can live in Charlotte...

Archived