The EpiCentre / TwoTenTrade / aloft

ElricSeven

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with mixing condos and apartments is that is VERY hard to get financed......in fact, it will be hard to mix condos with rental office space (that's why trademark is for sale office).......the banks aren't very sophisticated when it comes to structuring loans for mixed-use projects.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does anyone have any idea about hard cost to build a garage space and per sq.foot condo cost for this "baby" ?

I'm still waiting for the new Joseph-Beth Bookstore to open in SouthPark. It's supposedly a notch above Borders and Barnes and Noble. It's also a smaller chain, which may be a good thing. So if it is better than its counterparts it would be great to see them open a second location uptown. You know how much chains seem to love to open dual SouthPark and Uptown locations ;) . I also think it would be cool to see Manifest move into the center city with a superstore of some sorts. If Manifest could offer the inventory and prices (even if they had to raise the prices I

I don't mind the notch so much, especially as it fits in with the overall design.

It isn't for the transit station, that's further down. Check out this larger rendering, anyone want to take a stab into what this will be? Front door of apartments, perhaps? Restaurant space?

future_epicentre_large.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it is a good looking building. I like the rendering that rgj posted better than the original one (this one is larger). It is certainly exciting to see a new 'scraper being announced every few weeks it seems like. Makes me want to move to Charlotte just so I can witness it first hand ;) And to have access to the rail line right next to the place.... wow. Charlotte is becoming more and more urban every day. How much is the rent going to be at the aparments?

Wow....that is a truly amazing rendering of the EpiCentre. This will definitely mark a turning point in Uptown culture as well as the Charlotte landscape. Its about time someone got the urge to transform that horrible eyesore (old convention center) in uptown. Hopefully, the real thing will look exactly, if not-better than the renderings. The EpiCentre will transform the skyline and add some much-needed density to the setting of Uptown skyscrapers. Uptown Charlotte is in urgent need of a solid entertainment/nightlife district and I think this project is going to set the trend of our center city nightlife in subsequent years.

Wow....that is a truly amazing rendering of the EpiCentre. This will definitely mark a turning point in Uptown culture as well as the Charlotte landscape.  Its about time someone got the urge to transform that horrible eyesore (old convention center) in uptown. Hopefully, the real thing will look exactly, if not-better than the renderings. The EpiCentre will transform the skyline and add some much-needed density to the setting of Uptown skyscrapers. Uptown Charlotte is in urgent need of a solid entertainment/nightlife district and I think this project is going to set the trend of our center city nightlife in subsequent years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm glad they positioned the tower on the east side of the block, closest to the rail line. I think it will add (albeit only slightly) a little bit of E-W depth to the skyline. All the other College Street highrise towers abut College Street.

I really think this building will be a source of pride for the city when it is built. At the very least, it will help make sure Epicentre's retail does not wither and die like cityfair and other attempts at downtown retail. By creating that critical mass of human activity, it will help create the energy for conventioneers, bizmen, and arena-goers to join. If this retail center booms, it will lay the groundwork for me-too retail developments downtown.

The stats about being the tallest apt tower, and others will also be a good feather for the city's cap. Even if it doesn't turn out to be a national or regional superlative, it will still be a significant boost to downtown population and energy.

Well.....success breeds success, and assuming this project is an over-whelming success, hopefully other large scale towers will follow as well as retail.....however, I really think it will be up to Levine and his land to create a sizeable retail district.

Well.....success breeds success, and assuming this project is an over-whelming success, hopefully other large scale towers will follow as well as retail.....however, I really think it will be up to Levine and his land to create a sizeable retail district.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And we all know how fast he moves on his projects... :rofl:

Ok....maybe this will be an interesting stat.....assuming this is apartment....it should be the tallest apartment building in the country outside of NY......I think everything in Chicago that is taller is condo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chicago does have a few apartment buildings that are taller. But I far as I can tell, this would be the tallest all apartment building outside those two cities.

According to Emporis, there aren't any residential buildings of any kind in the United States over 600' tall in any city outside of NYC and Chicago. The height of this structure has been placed at well over 600', correct? Thus, making it the tallest residential tower anywhere (domestically) outside of those two cities.

I think that it would have to be over 600.....but that's assuming they go with 10' ceilings which has become standard in the Charlotte luxury housing market.......THere is another foot for mechanicals/roofs/floors between floors and you have 11' per floor times 53 = 583'.....plus you have elevator mechanicals and heating/cooling on the roof, plus retail/entertainment floors are usually about 14'-15' and this one should just push past 600'....probably 610'-630'.

What's amazing with all of this is that it doesn't surprise me, or probably most Charlotteans. We've always expected so much from this city that it seems fitting that we should be building some of the tallest buildings in the country.

hueion......i saw that, but I can't figure out how it could possibly be that much....even being as generous as possible, I can only get the building to 645'.....maybe he's just considering number of floors....regardless, it's going to be one of the focal points of the skyline, and probably known around the country......

Archived