Signature Tower

cheeriokid61

What do you think?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it or not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hmmm...

Thanks guys. Btw Lexy, I love your Bellsouth moon picture which reminds me. I'm sure this has been talked about before and that most of you know but, I think one of the most unique things to ever happen to our skyline is that it's in the begining of The Matrix. Even though they cut the spires off the Bellsouth tower. There also was another movie that had a very nice shot of the city (at night) from the north side. It was the view outside the "bad guy's" office. It was a pretty close shot maybe taken from Bicentennial Park. Does anyone remember what that movie was? I don't.

That was Arnold Swartznegger's movie about the clones (I can't remember the title either). He was cloned himself in the movie. (Can the clone run for president?)

If you look at the special features on the Matrix dvd, you can see the sound stage with the Nashville skyline backdrop in place. Apparently someone blew up a picture of the skyline to about a 30' x 50' size and rents it out to movie studios. I don't know of any other movies it's been used in, but no doubt it has. It was cool to see Carrie-Anne Moss running across the rooftops at the beginning of the movie and seeing the KDF sign on top of the Stahlman Bldg prominately displayed in the background.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was Arnold Swartznegger's movie about the clones (I can't remember the title either). He was cloned himself in the movie. (Can the clone run for president?)

If you look at the special features on the Matrix dvd, you can see the sound stage with the Nashville skyline backdrop in place. Apparently someone blew up a picture of the skyline to about a 30' x 50' size and rents it out to movie studios. I don't know of any other movies it's been used in, but no doubt it has. It was cool to see Carrie-Anne Moss running across the rooftops at the beginning of the movie and seeing the KDF sign on top of the Stahlman Bldg prominately displayed in the background.

Thanks PHofKS. I love Carrie-Anne Moss. Carrie-Anne Moss for President? Does the special features section mention that it's Nashville?

Thanks guys. Btw Lexy, I love your Bellsouth moon picture which reminds me. I'm sure this has been talked about before and that most of you know but, I think one of the most unique things to ever happen to our skyline is that it's in the begining of The Matrix. Even though they cut the spires off the Bellsouth tower. There also was another movie that had a very nice shot of the city (at night) from the north side. It was the view outside the "bad guy's" office. It was a pretty close shot maybe taken from Bicentennial Park. Does anyone remember what that movie was? I don't.

i think it was called the 6th day.

• 2 weeks later...

The Special features menu on road trip is the nashville skyline

• 3 weeks later...

The fact is the counil is too big and too many people on there have their own personal agenda's they are trying to promote. It's as if we have 40 seperate mayors doing 40 seperate things right now. The council needs a reality check in the worse ways right now.

The fact is the counil is too big and too many people on there have their own personal agenda's they are trying to promote. It's as if we have 40 seperate mayors doing 40 seperate things right now. The council needs a reality check in the worse ways right now.

The late Mayor Beverly Briley called the Metro Council "40 jealous whores" all fighting for attention.

Remember, MDHA has to approve the design, and the Metro Council has to approve the TIF. I think it will happen, but after speaking to Charlie Tygard tonight, I am not sure what will happen.

Why? Should we be bracing for disappointment?

Nobody is going to cancell signature tower at this point. There are far, far too many VOTERS who want the building. They let the cat out of the bag and promoted it too well. If it doesn't go now, there will be many elected city officials out of work next election.

It would be a good idea for people to wite their councilmen to tell them just that. If enough people write, there's no way they will vote this thing down.

Nobody is going to cancell signature tower at this point. There are far, far too many VOTERS who want the building. They let the cat out of the bag and promoted it too well. If it doesn't go now, there will be many elected city officials out of work next election.

Although virtually every last one of us here is excited and stamping our feet to get this sucker built, I would sincerly doubt any Councilmember is gonna be tossed out on their butt for serving as an obstruction to its construction (plus, a lot of them are in their final term, anyhow). Not doing something about our rapidly increasing murder rate is a bit more important on most voters' minds.

As far as the Encore< I do not think it will be started in January because, as far as I know there has not been a zoning variance for the height yet. I might be wrong about that, but have not seen anything go through yet. I will continue to look for this on the agenda.

I don't remember hearing that a zoning variance has been approved either for the Encore. Please let us as soon as you hear something.

Archived