161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it or not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hmmm...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told him about the sight, so I'm sure he is. When I told him about Skyscraperpage he went to it and he told me that he was impressed with all of the interest. I can't wait to see this tower in our skyline and who knows maybe it will surpass BOA in Charlotte. I also like the idea of another 10 floors having to be added! I guess that we could all dream about that one :yahoo:

It's great that things on progressing so well with this project. I can't wait to it starts going up. I'll be back in Nashville for about a week over the holidays and I'll definitely make sure I get a look at the site and all the great projects going on. Wow! My hometown is really starting to take off. Signature doesn't need to be taller than BoA Charlotte. I know the two towns are very competitive but it shouldn't matter. This is an amazing project whether it is taller or not.

I don't think it would look too good against the other buildings downtown if it were too tall. I'm not sure what too tall is, but not much over 800 ft. It would throw the whole skyline off balance.

Then again, when the L&C went up in '57, it really stuck out like a sore thumb being well over 2 or 3 times as high as earlier high-rises in the city (after all, it was the tallest skyscraper in the entire Southeast at the time, taller than anything even in Atlanta or Miami). Of course, you could also say it "encouraged" and paved the way for other to "rise" to its size. The Sig could do just that, too... :D

Then again, when the L&C went up in '57, it really stuck out like a sore thumb being well over 2 or 3 times as high as earlier high-rises in the city (after all, it was the tallest skyscraper in the entire Southeast at the time, taller than anything even in Atlanta or Miami). Of course, you could also say it "encouraged" and paved the way for other to "rise" to its size. The Sig could do just that, too... :D

I would rather not see the Sig stick up like sore thumb and preserve the balance in the Nashville skyline. Around 850ft. at it's proposed location would look nice. Too much more than that would be out of hand. The fact that well over 100 ft. of that will be spire will really help keep it in scale. It would have a dramatic impact in the skyline without dwarfing it's surroundings too much.

I remember when they built the Peachtree Plaza Hotel (now the Westin Peatchtree Plaza) in Atlanta. Built in 1971 at 71 stories, it stuck up like a sore thumb at the time. Now it blends in very nicely with the rest of the Atlanta skyline. If someone had not had the guts to build it so high, I wouldn't be surprised if the entire Atlanta skyline would look less imposing today. I say build it as tall as you dare, and don't worry how it fits with the skyline today. The future will take care of balancing out the skyline.

Does anyone think that the Burj Dubai will "fit" in with the skyline there once it's built? It's a statement building for Dubai, and it really doesn't matter if it fits in. The Signature Tower will be a statement building for Nashville as well.

Build it high and they will come,,,,,, We the people of nashville have to get out of the fear of its to big. We have to think big, I mean just don't have that small town attitude. If Tony,G wants this thing higher so be it.

We can handle the height, that what makes are sister cities skylines so great(atlanta, charlotte and Miami) Do u think charlotte skyline would be so great if the BOA was only 600ft???

I remember when they built the Peachtree Plaza Hotel (now the Westin Peatchtree Plaza) in Atlanta. Built in 1971 at 71 stories, it stuck up like a sore thumb at the time. Now it blends in very nicely with the rest of the Atlanta skyline. If someone had not had the guts to build it so high, I wouldn't be surprised if the entire Atlanta skyline would look less imposing today. I say build it as tall as you dare, and don't worry how it fits with the skyline today. The future will take care of balancing out the skyline.

Precisely. You've got to kick it off somewhere.

This is amazing. I remember that when I first heard about the project, I thought it was too good to be true. Now that it's about to happen, I'm so excited. I'm going to be downtown as much as possible, watching this thing go up!

And this is for Tony G.--go as high as you can!

I just wanted everone to know that I just e-mailed Tony G. to tell him about this sight. I thought that he would get a kick out of the whole fan club thing. Anyways, he e-mailed me right back and this is what he said (I didn't think that he would respond so fast!):

Wow! I am not sure what to say...other than I will visit the site

immediately. Thanks for directing me to it. For my part, I am committed

to

making Signature Tower a reality...as you might imagine, there is much

work

to be done. Thanks, Bruce. Tony

:D

I just wanted everone to know that I just e-mailed Tony G. to tell him about this sight. I thought that he would get a kick out of the whole fan club thing. Anyways, he e-mailed me right back and this is what he said (I didn't think that he would respond so fast!):

Wow! I am not sure what to say...other than I will visit the site

immediately. Thanks for directing me to it. For my part, I am committed

to

making Signature Tower a reality...as you might imagine, there is much

work

to be done. Thanks, Bruce. Tony

:D

Thanks Bruce for getting Tony G. onto this site. I hope he gets a big kick out of this, and I hope he doesn't get too big a head listening to all this praise. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

So last night, I went to Green Hills and ate at the Cheesecake Factory. And I must say, that is one very cool restaurant. When we left at seven, there was probably a wait lasting at least an hour and a half to two hours. So I was thinking, what if we were to get a Cheesecake Factory downtown? That would bring in many people who otherwise would not go there. So what if it goes in the Signature Tower? Wouldn't it be neat to have one of Nashville's coolest restaurants in one of the coolest towers? Just a thought.

So last night, I went to Green Hills and ate at the Cheesecake Factory. And I must say, that is one very cool restaurant. When we left at seven, there was probably a wait lasting at least an hour and a half to two hours. So I was thinking, what if we were to get a Cheesecake Factory downtown? That would bring in many people who otherwise would not go there. So what if it goes in the Signature Tower? Wouldn't it be neat to have one of Nashville's coolest restaurants in one of the coolest towers? Just a thought.

It seems as if I remember Doorman talking about another location downtown from a source with that company that was staying at his hotel.

You're right, that would be a great location except for paying out the ying ying for parking.

It seems as if I remember Doorman talking about another location downtown from a source with that company that was staying at his hotel.

You're right, that would be a great location except for paying out the ying ying for parking.

Ahhhh, just valet. That is what we do at hockey games. Cheaper in the long run and you don't have to walk half as much. Plus, we here in Nashville are spoiled a bit. LOL!!

Archived