Signature Tower

cheeriokid61

What do you think?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it or not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hmmm...

I would also like to welcome you to this forum. Yes, Tony is doing great things, and there's no telling what else he has up his sleeve. Can you imagine what he might do an an encore for the Signatue Tower if that project is a huge success (which I personally think will be the case)?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm from Nashville. And I love this site!!!! :wub: I also love the growth of Nashville right now !!! Sig Tower is going to an amazing tower and will show the rest of the world that we as a city have arrived!!!!

I always find downtown in our city as well as others fascinating, but Nashville was lacking a lot. But not anymore it seems. Thanks, to a great mayor and a visionary like Tony G NASHVILLE is on a path to greatness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO CA$HVILLE!!!!! :shades:

• 2 weeks later...

I would love more than anything to see a new convention center downtown but people in this city are so scared that the taxes might go up a bit. When they announce the plans and size of the new convention center people will flip thinking its going to cost them a few more dollars. I know we need one bad but not many people will see the big picture, I sure hope they do but I doubt it. This is something Nashville wants and needs bad. Ive said before that the Sig T would put us over the top but the new convention center would be even bigger. The idea of a massive convention center is a beautiful thought. It would be the begining of so more more. The Signature is a reality, I believe we will have to wait a while on the convention center but if it is built both of these projects will put us over the top.

I would love more than anything to see a new convention center downtown but people in this city are so scared that the taxes might go up a bit. When they announce the plans and size of the new convention center people will flip thinking its going to cost them a few more dollars. I know we need one bad but not many people will see the big picture, I sure hope they do but I doubt it. This is something Nashville wants and needs bad. Ive said before that the Sig T would put us over the top but the new convention center would be even bigger. The idea of a massive convention center is a beautiful thought. It would be the begining of so more more. The Signature is a reality, I believe we will have to wait a while on the convention center but if it is built both of these projects will put us over the top.

I agree with you that there will be a huge fight about the financing of a new convention center. A lot depends on who the next mayor is. If he's not pro development, the project will never get done, despite the fact that it is sorely needed, and would possibly have more positive impact on Nashville than just about any other development possible.

• 5 months later...

I think the shops and such are the few things that Joe Public will be able to enjoy. I hope he can land a nice exciting mix. The Viridian already has a grocery store planned and I would be willing to bet that most residents of ST will be going out to eat alot - not to mention that the hotel portion will be servicing the condo with housekeeping and room service. I think a grocery store would be overkill.

Yep - the Viridian is the next block over. Now what needs to happen is a total makeover for St. Cloud Corner which will be directly across the street from ST. I think the building used to be Cain-Sloan Co. a long long time ago - before they built a new store on the site where ST will be built. The building has a modified atrium going on inside so it could potentially be reinvented as an urban marketplace - maybe.

I think the shops and such are the few things that Joe Public will be able to enjoy. I hope he can land a nice exciting mix. The Viridian already has a grocery store planned and I would be willing to bet that most residents of ST will be going out to eat alot - not to mention that the hotel portion will be servicing the condo with housekeeping and room service. I think a grocery store would be overkill.

Yes, the viridian has a "grocery store", but it's only like 5,000 sq feet. That is more like a large C-store than a grocery store. My opinion would be that a larger grocery store is opened in Signature to better service the downtown living population. Maybe 15,000 sf or so. You have to remember than most grocery stores now are 40,000 sf or larger (publix is 45,000 is most formats and kroger is doing 68,000 sf stores). A 5,000 sf store only stratches the surface.

5,000 is more like a Walgreens then a grocery store.

Actually, most Walgreens drug stores are about 15k sf. Publix has an urban grocery concept that's about 27k s.f. I'm not really sure what you can do in 5k s.f. other than run a small deli operation or something similar.

Go to a grocery store in a major urban center and see how well they take advantage of space. You must keep in mind that the aisle-ways of these stores are NOT going to be 10 feet wide as in the suburbs. Most urban grocers take full advantage of every square inch. Shopping carts are not around and a person must do with the basket. Remember that you are not getting all the items that you can fit into your SUV, but only the items you can carry a block or flight or so. It's not a luxury as much as it is a convienence. It's all part of the fun of living in a walkable community.

I'm not just preaching to the chior either, I do have (and Love) experience with this!

• 2 months later...

I was just told that contract drawings should be out next month (October). I was also told that there is an alternate design that allows for a helicopter pad. It's going to be interesting to see where that's located at.

You're right, that will be interesting. A helicopter pad seems more likely for the flat-top "crown" building than for the prickly Signature tower. Is the helicopter pad meant as a primary means of transportation for the penthouse dwellers? That's quite an amenity. As if they would deign to use a LIMO on the STREET!

I was just told that contract drawings should be out next month (October). I was also told that there is an alternate design that allows for a helicopter pad. It's going to be interesting to see where that's located at.

Please don't put it at the top of the spire! :w00t:

Seriously though, I can't imagine where they would put one.

Please don't put it at the top of the spire! :w00t:

Seriously though, I can't imagine where they would put one.

I can't imagine where they would put one either. Helicopters are very loud and produce a lot of wind so I couldn't imagine the pad it being on the lower portion of the building by the pool or any where like that. Plus it will be to close to the street.

And there's not any other place to put one but the top. The top of Signature is what makes the tower so unique, I don't think that will be changing.

I don't know how this will work. :unsure:

Archived