Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sonofaque86

What Interstate Do You Get Around Most In Cola?

What Insterstate Do You Travel Most In Columbia?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Insterstates

• I-20
    • I-26
    • I-77

Just curious...Columbia is lucky enough to have 3 major interstates run through it...Which creates kind of a beltway around the city....Just wondering which one you usually travel the most around Columbia or get around better?

From Rock Hill, I have to use I-77 and it is the one I find that I use most when traveling about the city.

It seems like I-26 is hopping ALL times of the day, except on weekends.

The only one I ever used was 126 and 26 to get to Harbison. Outside of that I used surface roads to get to any other destinations unless I was on the interstate outside of Cola, and my destination was more accessible if I used the interstates.

One thing I like about Columbia is that one can do all "in-town" activities without using the interstate. I usually only use the interstate when going from one end of the city to the other (i.e., Harbison to Clemson Rd).

i live off of broad river rd. i usually take 1-26 majority of the times, i also use 1-20 just as much. Thank god columbia has highways that loop around the city, you can get to anywhere in no time!!!

Living and working in the Northeast, plus frequent out-of-town trips to NC and Virginia, mean it's I-77 mostly for me. I usually use I-20 to I-26 if I'm going to Harbison or the Airport.

I use I-26, but luckily against traffic in the mornings and afternoons. Would be nice to see the I-77 terminus be extended to I-20 near Lexington - may help route some of the trucking traffic. It sure would help to have a interstate link with the very nice airport we have.

I use I-26, but luckily against traffic in the mornings and afternoons. Would be nice to see the I-77 terminus be extended to I-20 near Lexington - may help route some of the trucking traffic. It sure would help to have a interstate link with the very nice airport we have.

Cosocar, welcome to UP. Actually, the Hardee Expressway will accomplish just that. Eventually it will stretch from I77/26 to I 20 near Lexington. Currently it is only completed in the sirport area.

Welcome to UP!

Thanks for the friendly welcome. I have been reading these threads for months now and you all have some great ideas and insight!

I knew of that expressway, but have not seen any real delevolpement of it outside of the airport area. Where are they planning on linking it to I-77?

I-77 via I-26 and only to pass through Cola to Charleston. Before i graduated HS, US 1 via I-20 just to go to Cola to learn about SC's capitol and metro area.

My friends have all relocated around the south so i am in Charlotte[friend 1] and Harrisonburg, VA[friend 2] more than i am in Wilmington[friend 1] and Virginia Beach[friend 2].