I-85 Charlotte

Plasticman

Well, for twelve years, I have made as many as three round trips through Charlotte on I-85 to points north. In every single year and every trip, I wonder if I'll make it through town with my shocks and/or allignment intact. What is it with the roads? Granted, they are under construction but they have been for at least thirteen years now and nothing ever seems to get even remotely finished.

We drove through there and back again this last weekend and the Charlotte stretch of I-85 is still the bumpiest, worst stretch of interstate highway I can find anywhere. In fact, it is worse than ever. The twists, turns, re-routing, and huge, HUGE potholes are just ridiculous. They've had years to get that stretch completed and still haven't made what I'd call even a dent. One of the kids got a headache from all that bouncing and rattling.

What is taking so long? :blink:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We drove through there and back again this last weekend and the Charlotte stretch of I-85 is still the bumpiest, worst stretch of interstate highway I can find anywhere. In fact, it is worse than ever.

What is taking so long? :blink:

Try I-77 through Charlotte if you want to see a really bad road. . :P

What's taking so long? Well there is a tow word answer to that question. The NCDOT

I know it's hard to believe, but little ole' Charlotte has their own sub-forum here at UP. I also think they have a few people that post from time to time - perhaps you could ask them there? ;)

You're right. Being a bit new here, I really didn't think about it. Your sarcasm is noted and appreciated.

<_<

Try I-77 through Charlotte if you want to see a really bad road. . :P

I don't find 77 to be so bad...at least the stretch between the SC border and 85. But as soon as you get on 85 from 77, the potholes are absolutely horrendous, it really is.

The on-ramp from 277 onto 77 needs to be fixed as well--way too many bumps.

Archived