Final Meetup Details

GRDadof3

Meetup - Saturday the 22nd - 6:30 PM - Founders Taproom  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Click the Button if you are coming

• Oh yeah! I wouldn't miss it!
    • Sorry, but I Tivo'd "The Office" for that night

We may meet here at 6:30, or we may meet somewhere else first and then go the Taproom. Details (slowly) emerging.

Here are directions to the Taproom if you need them:

map.gif

http://www.foundersbrewing.com/contact.php

As far as food goes, they don't have any, but I heard you can bring in your own :P

BTW: I was J/K on the dress code.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We may meet here at 6:30, or we may meet somewhere else first and then go the Taproom. Details (slowly) emerging.

Here are directions to the Taproom if you need them:

map.gif

http://www.foundersbrewing.com/contact.php

As far as food goes, they don't have any, but I heard you can bring in your own :P

BTW: I was J/K on the dress code.

Aww man, I just had my tux dry-cleaned! Oh well... :P

:rofl:

Alpena, eh? Jeez Dave, you're getting close to my hometown!

I gotta admit I am a city kid through and through. I like being in the country, but after a short time I crave the city sounds and feel. Alpena is way up there...my contract is with the Michigan State Housing Development Authority and a group working out of Hilman Michigan. If you blink you miss it. 5 hour drive each way. I simply load up my i pod sit back and roll.

I do see a lot of cows it is "udderly" scary up there :blink:

But if I see bumpernuts I am outta there!

I gotta admit I am a city kid through and through. I like being in the country, but after a short time I crave the city sounds and feel. Alpena is way up there...my contract is with the Michigan State Housing Development Authority and a group working out of Hilman Michigan. If you blink you miss it. 5 hour drive each way. I simply load up my i pod sit back and roll.

I do see a lot of cows it is "udderly" scary up there :blink:

But if I see bumpernuts I am outta there!

OH MAN! You just had to bring those up, didn't ya :P Don't anyone provide a link again, or I might lose my lunch!

Pince-nez

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

(Redirected from Pince nez)

Pince-nez (also known as Oxford glasses) are a style of spectacles, popular in the 19th century, which are supported without earpieces, by pinching the bridge of the nose. (The term, pronounced pĭns' nā, is from the French for "pinch nose.")

Pince-nez first made their appearance in the 1840s, reaching their peak popularity around 1880 to 1900. By the late 1930s, observers noted that they were mostly only still popular with elderly people, suggesting the style was a fad of members of the Progressive Generation.

The spectacles were worn by both men and women. Since this style of glasses was uncomfortable to wear for extended periods, and also because the constant wearing of glasses was out of fashion at the time, pince-nez were usually suspended from a ribbon or chain worn round the neck, or tied to the buttonhole of a lapel. Women often used a special device pinned to the clothing, which would automatically retract the line to which the glasses were attached, when they were not in use.

In the late 1990s and early 2000s, the pince-nez style enjoyed a slight revival due to the character Morpheus from The Matrix trilogy, who sported reflective-lensed pince-nez glasses as part of his overall ensemble.

See also: lorgnette, monocle

Are you going to read zen? Oooh! I love story time! ;)

I do see a lot of cows it is "udderly" scary up there

Oh jeez, its not scary up there, for the most part...oh, nevermind. :P There are a few of us from the northeast area of the state who are normal though, I promise :P We're just a minority. :D

Archived