The United STATS of America

NOcityrox

Hey everybody, no I didn't spell states wrong, I meant stats. I was tired of going city to city/webpage to webpage trying to compare cities so I made a website showing information of cities in rankings.

LINK: THE WEBPAGE!!

Post all of your thoughts (beliefs/disbeliefs) about the information! ;)

**This information is STRAIGHT from the census, so it is accurate***

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like your effort - but by what are you comparing for 'percent change' regarding city & MSA population?

Also - you need to clean up your MSA rankings, for metros with mulitple city names you listed them twice (Los Angeles & Long Beach).

Lastly - whenever you do manipulate data, you should provide some methodology on how you developed it as well as specific source, in this case post the URL of the census web page.

Wow! Does anybody have anything nice to say? haha :D . This must have taken you forever! Thanks for it!

**Look at Oakland's demographics! It's really diverse!**

**I didn't realize that Charlotte had such a high percent of hispanics, (for the southeast)(minus Florida), so I looked at the census and saw that in 2004 it is already 10.1%..... a 3% rise every 4 years! So that means in 2010 it will be 15% hispanic (if it continues this rate).

Thanks again :lol:

This was a great effort you put forward but I was a little suprised to not see Hartford, CT included in these lists so I thought maybe you looked at cities larger then Hartford but noticed that Daytona Beach (Pop. 64,112), Albany, NY (Pop. 95,658) and Charleston (Pop. 96,650) were included and these three cities are smaller then Hartford which has a population of about 121,500 and a metro area population of about 1,200,000.

The city of Hartford is about 17.72% White, 40.52% Hispanic or Latino, 38.05% Black, 0.54% Native American, 1.62% Asian

This was a great effort you put forward but I was a little suprised to not see Hartford, CT included in these lists so I thought maybe you looked at cities larger then Hartford but noticed that Daytona Beach (Pop. 64,112), Albany, NY (Pop. 95,658) and Charleston (Pop. 96,650) were included and these three cities are smaller then Hartford which has a population of about 121,500 and a metro area population of about 1,200,000.

The city of Hartford is about 17.72% White, 40.52% Hispanic or Latino, 38.05% Black, 0.54% Native American, 1.62% Asian

Ditto for Winston-Salem, Greensboro and Durham, NC and New Haven, CT. All have populations between 150-230,000 people, yet there seems to be a gap where a lot of cities are missing.

Yeah I knew I missed some :D .

I'll add Hartford, Providence, and Greensboro. It may take a while though.....

I'll take off Daytona Beach, Charleston, and Albany......

Take your time, I know updating sites can be a pain and I was just wondering if there was maybe some reason cities such as Providence and Hartford were left out and smaller ones were added to the list...guess not! Keep up the great work

What's your opinion about the stats which differentiate the races (White, Black, Hispanic... percents) ?

These stats are expressly forbidden in France, also the stats relative to the sex of the couples and those relative to the religions (but newspapers investigates sometimes). Do you think that the races or believes comparisions are worthwhile ? The identities will become more and more "intricate" and the statistical "categories" will look limited and in consequence erroneous.

What's your opinion about the stats which differentiate the races (White, Black, Hispanic... percents) ?

These stats are expressly forbidden in France, also the stats relative to the sex of the couples and those relative to the religions (but newspapers investigates sometimes). Do you think that the races or believes comparisions are worthwhile ? The identities will become more and more "intricate" and the statistical "categories" will look limited and in consequence erroneous.

^^ I just put some info in there, I didn't mean anything by it...... :D

NOCityRox -- this is good... thanks a bunch for your efforts. :) My next suggestion would be to list all the stat categories you provided (population, growth, etc.) by county.

Several other folks mentioned large cities in their states that didn't show up... There are a few Florida cities over 100,000 that aren't on your list: Hialeah, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Pembroke Pines, Coral Springs, etc.

Archived