Vinton Building

rbdetsport

The renovation plans are coming along very well for the Vinton Building, A.K.A 600 Woodward. Robert Porcher is becoming a leader in downtown development. I'm glad to hear that all of the units are already commited too. There is even a family moving in with children. I am hoping some good retail comes out of this development. There will be 10 3,600 square ft units ranging from $500,000 to $1,000,000.

http://www.modeldmedia.com/developmentnews/vinton.aspx

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I guess there really is some demand for expensive condos downtown!

Porcher has always (atleast since I have been here) done a lot for the city and it's good to see him investing in downtown. It seams like everything so far has been doing well for him and I hope this trend (invest, succeed, repeat) continues.

That building was in far too good of a location to be brought down. While some of the other buildings were a bit isolated, or surrounded by other vacant buildings, this one is RIGHT in the heart of downtown.

What I find impressive about this development is the size of the units (one per floor) and the prices. It seems like the demand is starting to build for true luxury living.

Oops. I walked through the Guardian Building then went directly over to the riverfront completely passing up the Vinton. Then I walked back by way of Bricktown and Greektown, to Broadway, then Capitol Park and then back to the storefronts of Woodward. Never saw it coming and didn't see it leaving either. Thank you though.

WS

• 9 months later...

Very true. But I think if they liked the experience and since they wont be making a ton of profit because they will be living in the building, perhaps that will be motivation to try more projects like this where the profit will be much higher. Perhaps im being a bit too optimistic.

I'm sure most of these people are using quite a chunk of their own personal fortunes just to redo this one, and I don't think any of them but one or two are actually developers by profession.

What can be hoped for, though, is that there are more people like them willing to invest so much in something they believe in so strongly.

Archived