Martha Stewart subdivision coming to Cary

paletexan

http://www.newsobserver.com/business/story...p-9261880c.html

"Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and KB will build about 650 homes and townhouses. Inspired by Stewart's homes in New York and Maine, the Cary "Martha's" will range in size from 1,500 to 4,100 square feet. They'll cost from about $150,000 up to $450,000. The average home price in Cary is $407,350."

I know how most people on the forum oppose sprawl, and KB homes ... understandably. However, this is a highly selective project for Cary to land, and sign (mostly bad) of things to come with corporate sponsored development.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In addition to the usual MS fixings, I hear every home will come with a designer radio-signal ankle bracelet in case an owner commits a white collar crime felony and needs to remain under extended house arrest as part of the probation process.

The radio bracelets will be festooned with a delightful mix of seasonal potpourri including pinecones, acorns, and autumn leaves.

Whee, this is going to be right across the street from me.

KB Homes rules. Their first idea for the "Twin Lakes community" at the corner of McCrimmon and Davis was to split it into four parts and name it after a bunch of southern small towns that actually have personality, capitalizing on the reputation of these neat little 'villes - so we'd have "Twin Lakes Asheville" "Twin Lakes Augusta" "Twin Lakes Roanoke" etc, etc. It would be just like you're living in a vibrant, dynamic, historic southern town, except you'd be in a subdivision in Cary!! What a concept!

Now it seems they've tossed that idea aside for something even better!! Actually the home designs are a bit nicer than standard McMansion fare, and it will be a first for KB in this area if they actually let the homes have significantly different designs and colors like that. But there's no escaping the facts: this is going to be a clearcut, cul-de-sac, outer suburban subdivision with each home prominently featuring a two-car garage. Most importantly, these homes will be built by KB, so they'll be shoddy and start falling apart in a decade.

Not exactly my dream home.

In addition to the usual MS fixings, I hear every home will come with a designer radio-signal ankle bracelet in case an owner commits a white collar crime felony and needs to remain under extended house arrest as part of the probation process.

The radio bracelets will be festooned with a delightful mix of seasonal potpourri including pinecones, acorns, and autumn leaves.

Very funny. She's done her time. Let it go.

Archived