801 Ionia Renovation

gvsusean

Assuming it does go 15-20 stories, I wonder what neighbors will say about it. However, didn't North Monroe just complete a master plan that accepted mid to high-rise development closer to the Hill? In any case they (neighborhood) set a precedent and it could be a starting point for JackBBV to reference in any future debate about the height allowances. BTW, Dad, how did you get 15-20 floors?

I can imagine going down Division and having the Hill on one side and Jack's project on the other -- sweet. :thumbsup: Maybe Jack will poke in around here and let us know what is going on.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't mention residential neighbors. I was going on the number Dad discussed earlier. Block the view of the river and people will come out the woodwork, especially when we're talking about 15-20 floors. A guy I know that lives in those apartments on the Hill overlooking Medical Mile beotches about his lost view of Downtown.

I checked and the project is still in "conceptual" stages. Which to me means "plans are drawn up but not ready for public consumption". Jack probably doesn't want to show his hand yet, as I'm guessing there are a couple of apartment projects in the works that are all trying to beat the others. :whistling:

USGS maps are available on Topozone.com, which is pretty easy to use.

The irregular contours shown on this map are elevation lines.

Belknaphill.jpg

Those apartments and residences overlooking Division are at 750' elevation. The map shows a contour number near Division (the bold red line) and Sixth, and that is 631.

:kicks off shoes to count:

69 feet plus 50 more feet equals the Belknap hill ground height.

HTH

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Its pretty nasty... I used to work right around that area. Here's some Bird's Eye shots and Google Street View

post-10940-1234967751_thumb.jpg

post-10940-1234967756_thumb.jpg

post-10940-1234967759_thumb.jpg

I do like the Initial Design quite a bit. Very nice manipulation of the existing building to get natural light inside. I would be worried about the Glass Box on the south side tho...

post-10940-1234967751_thumb.jpg

post-10940-1234967756_thumb.jpg

post-10940-1234967759_thumb.jpg

Archived