Another big development on an Ozark lake

Mith242

Seeing this article in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette made me think a bit of the development on Beaver Lake. And although this actually happens to be in Missouri it's not too far away from the Arkansas border. That I think there might be some people here in northwest Arkansas that might have interest in this. I haven't really had any luck in the Missouri forum, it's dominated buy Kansas City and St Louis. There is a planned $1.4 Bil development on Table Rock Lake in Stone County, Missouri. Not too far away from Branson of course, near a place called Branson West. Indian Ridge Resorts will include high-end condos and houses and a resort hotel among other things. Once the whole project is completed there will be over 24,000 upscale condos. But it's some of the other features that are also drawing attention. A 25,000 sq ft conference center; 10,000 sq ft of retail space; 30,000 sq ft of outdoor water park; a 32,000 sq ft Ozark History Museum that will be operated in conjunction with the Cherokee, Osage, Chickasaw and Delaware. And one of the biggest features will be a 109,000 sq ft high tech indoor water parks that will be one of the top five largest in the country.

This also reminds me of a park along the border of Missouri and Arkansas that is owned by the same people that own the Bass Pro Shop. I've been wondering if development around Branson will eventually start extending down into Arkansas. It's not too far from the border. Although there aren't too many cities on the Arkansas side that are real close. Although Eureka Springs and Harrison aren't too far away. Obviously Branson is very big into tourism but I'm hoping that maybe northwest Arkansas will be able to start drawing big developments like this also. Not necessarily on Beaver Lake, but just in general. But between here and some potential along the Arkansas Missouri border here in northwest Arkansas, sounds like there could be a lot going on around the border.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing this article in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette made me think a bit of the development on Beaver Lake. And although this actually happens to be in Missouri it's not too far away from the Arkansas border. That I think there might be some people here in northwest Arkansas that might have interest in this. I haven't really had any luck in the Missouri forum, it's dominated buy Kansas City and St Louis. There is a planned $1.4 Bil development on Table Rock Lake in Stone County, Missouri. Not too far away from Branson of course, near a place called Branson West. Indian Ridge Resorts will include high-end condos and houses and a resort hotel among other things. Once the whole project is completed there will be over 24,000 upscale condos. But it's some of the other features that are also drawing attention. A 25,000 sq ft conference center; 10,000 sq ft of retail space; 30,000 sq ft of outdoor water park; a 32,000 sq ft Ozark History Museum that will be operated in conjunction with the Cherokee, Osage, Chickasaw and Delaware. And one of the biggest features will be a 109,000 sq ft high tech indoor water parks that will be one of the top five largest in the country.

This also reminds me of a park along the border of Missouri and Arkansas that is owned by the same people that own the Bass Pro Shop. I've been wondering if development around Branson will eventually start extending down into Arkansas. It's not too far from the border. Although there aren't too many cities on the Arkansas side that are real close. Although Eureka Springs and Harrison aren't too far away. Obviously Branson is very big into tourism but I'm hoping that maybe northwest Arkansas will be able to start drawing big developments like this also. Not necessarily on Beaver Lake, but just in general. But between here and some potential along the Arkansas Missouri border here in northwest Arkansas, sounds like there could be a lot going on around the border.

Wow!! That is amazing.

I just got done reading that article

One of the top five largest water parks in the nation. 8-story resort and 24,000 condos!!!!! .

I could really see some of these projects on a much smaller scale. I'm sure that condos would do great in Arkansas along the lake. I'm sure that condos will be booming along Beaver Lake and in around the Arkansas Missouri border.

Something like this along Beaver Lake would be great.

Wow!! That is amazing.

I just got done reading that article

One of the top five largest water parks in the nation. 8-story resort and 24,000 condos!!!!! .

I could really see some of these projects on a much smaller scale. I'm sure that condos would do great in Arkansas along the lake. I'm sure that condos will be booming along Beaver Lake and in around the Arkansas Missouri border.

Something like this along Beaver Lake would be great.

I could see some more big developments on the west part of Beaver Lake in the future, although not quite to this scale though. I've noticed that they seem to be taking a more low-scale approach as opposed to the much taller Grandview Condos on Beaver Lake. Speaking of water parks, anyone hear anything else about one supposedly being built one of these days in northwest Arkansas?

I could see some more big developments on the west part of Beaver Lake in the future, although not quite to this scale though. I've noticed that they seem to be taking a more low-scale approach as opposed to the much taller Grandview Condos on Beaver Lake. Speaking of water parks, anyone hear anything else about one supposedly being built one of these days in northwest Arkansas?

Well, the Pinnacle Group was planning on building a 17 acre one at Arkansas 264 and I-540. Unfortunately, Pinnacle got tied up in a lawsuit with Leo A Daly Architecture firm over some architectual drawings of proposed 16 story office buildings in Rogers, and Lowell city officials determined that traffic on 264 was bad enough, and that not even a turn lane would fix the problem there.

As far as I know, they are still seeking sites in Benton County, near Lowell or South Rogers.

I hope more condos of the scale of Grandview come to the Lake. It might change people's perception of Arkansas, when they see these. Also, another note on the Grandview condos, all these property owners that live near the proposed site should be kissing the feet of the developers. Their property is going to be extremely valuable. I just don't understand some of those folks.

Well, the Pinnacle Group was planning on building a 17 acre one at Arkansas 264 and I-540. Unfortunately, Pinnacle got tied up in a lawsuit with Leo A Daly Architecture firm over some architectual drawings of proposed 16 story office buildings in Rogers, and Lowell city officials determined that traffic on 264 was bad enough, and that not even a turn lane would fix the problem there.

As far as I know, they are still seeking sites in Benton County, near Lowell or South Rogers.

I hope more condos of the scale of Grandview come to the Lake. It might change people's perception of Arkansas, when they see these. Also, another note on the Grandview condos, all these property owners that live near the proposed site should be kissing the feet of the developers. Their property is going to be extremely valuable. I just don't understand some of those folks.

I guess in some ways I can see people's arguments about not wanting the development. But from my viewpoint, these people aren't any better than others in the area. Obviously some people moved to areas that at the time were rural only to have the area quickly grow in around them. But yes their property will soon be worth a lot more and if they feel that strongly about the development they can sell and move elsewhere like others have had to do. I do think there will be more development at Beaver Lake. It might take a while before we get another the size of Grandview but I really think it's just a matter of time. I do hope there are some areas they keep in a more natural state around the lake. But it is a pretty big lake and I don't think that could happen in a long, long time.

Archived