Auchter Construction Photos - September 2005 update

bobliocatt

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too enjoy the insight they grant the public. Those arial views aren't cheap granted they are used for official purpose as well.

Auchter has definetly done a fabulous job here and I'd really like to see them pull off a signature tower. Something that signifies their developmental dominance.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure whether the city cleaned it, or replaced part of it (but it wasn't the developer, maybe it was the Radisson?).

Either way, the Southbank Riverwalk is well over 15 years old. Wooden docks in Florida don't last forever. Members of city government used to openly talk about how stupid it was to build it out of wood. They'll have to do a full re-build eventually - so hopefully whoever's in charge then will be smart enough to use bulkheads and dirt.

Don't count out the wooden boardwalk just yet, it actually looks almost like new once the top layer was stripped off. I think it has a lot of life left. Go down and take a look at it if you can.

I do think the covered red canopy things could go and new lights should be installed. I have a feeling new lights are on the way because the current lights seem to be missing all their bulbs.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived