Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobliocatt

Auchter Construction Photos - September 2005 update

I too enjoy the insight they grant the public. Those arial views aren't cheap granted they are used for official purpose as well.

Auchter has definetly done a fabulous job here and I'd really like to see them pull off a signature tower. Something that signifies their developmental dominance.

October 2005

The Strand (San Marco Place visible in the corner, and the Peninsula foundations visible if you look carefully)

The20Strand203.jpg

The20Strand202.jpg

Fidelity National

Fidelity201202.jpg

Riverside Partners 13 story office - actually has some foundation work done, which is nice to see)

Fidelity201201.jpg

1661 Riverside

166120Riverside203201.jpg

166120Riverside203.jpg

Great update! These projects are moving up fast!

Looks like the Strand is adding about 3-4 floors per month, not bad at all.

Its awesome to see these great pictures of Auchters' work. They are currently working on a project right behind my building here at City Hall. Good to see they've got some quality projects in their portfolio.

I'm really working hard to convince my sister to buy a condo at 1661. She will be working down town, so that would be the perfect place for a young professional like her. Also, I want to buy it from her when i graduate.

The20Strand202.jpg

Notice in this picture that part of the boardwalk has been pressure washed/sand blasted. I wonder if the city is doing this or the developers of the Strand and Peninsula. I would hope they finish the job.

I'm not sure whether the city cleaned it, or replaced part of it (but it wasn't the developer, maybe it was the Radisson?).

Either way, the Southbank Riverwalk is well over 15 years old. Wooden docks in Florida don't last forever. Members of city government used to openly talk about how stupid it was to build it out of wood. They'll have to do a full re-build eventually - so hopefully whoever's in charge then will be smart enough to use bulkheads and dirt.

Don't count out the wooden boardwalk just yet, it actually looks almost like new once the top layer was stripped off. I think it has a lot of life left. Go down and take a look at it if you can.

I do think the covered red canopy things could go and new lights should be installed. I have a feeling new lights are on the way because the current lights seem to be missing all their bulbs.

Oh I didn't realize they had been like that so long. Those lights are very ugly and dated looking. I do find it hard to believe that they would stay like that for the opening of the Strand and Peninsula.

You mean to tell me that they didn't fix stupid broken lights for the Super Bowl?! Good job, guys. Besides the Hayden Burns Library, I'm looking forward to the Southbank Riverwalk's demise!