Spartan

Greenville Off-Topic

Definitely lots of good stuff! I'll be interested to learn more on the trolley service expansion outside of downtown. i think Greenille is investing in the right things at the moment-- particularly the new park, and expanded trail system.

Edited by GvilleSC

Not sure if you all are familiar with Airbnb, but I've been excited to see the offerings in Greenville grow over the last few years as this has quickly become my preferred way of exploring new cities. Lately I've heard a few rumors that Greenville Airbnbs are getting shut down.

Was hoping someone on here knows more info or can explain the issues with renting out your personal property. Is this a zoning thing? Something about competing with hotels? I'm sad to hear Greenville might not be Airbnb friendly. Anyone else heard about this?

GOOGLE street view now covers paths going across the suspension bridge at falls park and a few of the trails over there.  Sorry if someone else already posted, I just noticed it this morning.

Decided to post this here. Would be amazing to land this:

http://www.postandcourier.com/business/report-south-carolina-among-states-chasing--job-auto-plant/article_a4e5b340-7d34-11e7-91b2-f72a89a1559b.html

However; very unlikely the Upstate has a shot at getting this unless there's a sizable chunk of land somewhere I'm not aware of. I think Volvo snapped up the last megaparcel the state could put together.

(As an aside..how do y'all make your links shorter?)

Would be nice but lots of competition just for the state itself, let alone the upstate. Does seem like it's been a long time since the upstate has had a big score like this whereas Chas and Midlands have had some recent ones. Not sure where it could go either, but I remember Anderson county had a spot they were trying to sell Rolls Royce on a few years ago. 

On 8/14/2017 at 0:37 AM, distortedlogic said:

Would be nice but lots of competition just for the state itself, let alone the upstate. Does seem like it's been a long time since the upstate has had a big score like this whereas Chas and Midlands have had some recent ones. Not sure where it could go either, but I remember Anderson county had a spot they were trying to sell Rolls Royce on a few years ago. 

In that vein if the Upstate were not to get the factory, hopefully it would be close enough to get some supply chain spillover.