Greenville Off-Topic

Spartan

That table shows growth since 2000 though.

I ran the numbers in Excel, and here is what I found based on change from 2004:

SC:

POP: 4,255,083

Change: +57,191

Pecent: +1.4

Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson CSA:

POP: 1,185,534

Change: +12,696

Percent: +1.1

Primary Counties Change

Anderson:

POP: 173,547

Change: +1,967

Percent: +1.1

Greenville:

POP:407,383

Change: +6,364

Percent: +1.6

Spartanburg:

POP: 266,539

Change: +2,703

Percent: +1.0

The only county in the Upstate CSA that lost was Union (-102, -0.4%)

I saw something interesting/sobering today that comments on how unfamiliar people are the NC/SC cities.

I'm from Greenville/Anderson but live in Asia now. Through the magic of the Internet and the generosity of CBS sports, the NCAA games can be streamed live for the first three rounds. This is great because our local cable has 8 sports channels all showing European league soccer. They take short breaks for Table Tennis and Darts :huh: and skip most major US sports events.

Anyway, it's 7:30am and I'm watching UNC Wilmington VS George Washington in Greensboro live via the CBS internet service and the TV tag identifying the place of the game says, Greensboro, SC. :wacko:

It's pretty disappointing to me that national media would make a mistake like that and it would still be up at halftime.

I saw this story over the weekend about the Landmark Tower in Fort Worth being imploded. I thought it was a bit ironic that we can't wait to get a new tower built here, and Fort Worth demolished one of its own to replace it with a parking lot.

Story

Thanks sc smitty! I feel sorry for Ft.Worth. City leaders letting a 30 story skyscraper be imploded only to replace with a parking lot. I thought those days were over and people had wised up. Sad. :cry:

Anyone seen this yet:

www.tonytrout.com

While I certainly appreciate what he and 7(?) other County Council members did to pass the MLK Day resolution, I'm starting to hear stories that he is a bit of a loose cannon. His blog is definitely pretty entertaining.

(disclaimer: I do not live in his district)