Greenville Off-Topic

Spartan

Just in case anyone is interested, and I know all of y'all are, the group 13 Stories, who performs that obnoxious Ford Mustang commercial will be at the Gathering Spot this Friday night.

Just in case you wanted to know.... :whistling:

Funny thing, they were just at the Gathering Spot a few weeks ago. Must have felt welcome in Greenville. :thumbsup:

I just got the June agenda email for the DPC. Anbody know what this could be?

CA 06-60 A request by Rob Young for a Certificate of Appropriateness to paint an approximately 252 square foot mural and hang a three-dimensional painted metal airplane measuring approximately 2 feet by 3.75 feet by 3 feet and a projecting sign on the fa

I just got the June agenda email for the DPC. Anbody know what this could be?

CA 06-60 A request by Rob Young for a Certificate of Appropriateness to paint an approximately 252 square foot mural and hang a three-dimensional painted metal airplane measuring approximately 2 feet by 3.75 feet by 3 feet and a projecting sign on the fa

Not to start anything as I know people are sensitive, but I read today that the Three Rivers Music Festival won't be held again in one of our sister cities, as it wasn't making money. Too bad. :cry: I heard from a few people that attended that it was actually a decent event.

Not to start anything as I know people are sensitive, but I read today that the Three Rivers Music Festival won't be held again in one of our sister cities, as it wasn't making money. Too bad. :cry: I heard from a few people that attended that it was actually a decent event.

Where did you read this news? I haven't heard or read anything official yet. :unsure:

There was a big article in The State.

This was the only one I could locate online. It hinted that the festival may be leaving, but didn't confirm it at that point. If this does happen - not to be rude to the residents of that city - I hope Greenville will step up and take control/advantage of the situation. Greenville needs more music options (keyword: "more") and this type of event would help attract additional artists to our city. Once here, several may decide to stay. :)

This was the only one I could locate online. It hinted that the festival may be leaving, but didn't confirm it at that point. If this does happen - not to be rude to the residents of that city - I hope Greenville will step up and take control/advantage of the situation. Greenville needs more music options (keyword: "more") and this type of event would help attract additional artists to our city. Once here, several may decide to stay. :)

Here is the article stating the festival is definitely over:

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/14615662.htm

Excellent. That growth rate for the Greenville metro will continue to rise. Should be a strong 1.2-1.3 million by the 2010 census. :thumbsup:

I don't like touting the Greenville horn in the SC forum because of the anger it breeds in others, BUT I just wanted to say "WOW" at Greenville County's continued growth. 27,000 in 5 years!? Impressive for one county if you ask me. Also, home sales are UP in greenville. It's the only metro in the state to have increased over last year at this time. :thumbsup: I think it's safe to display this icon here :yahoo:

Hi guys. I love reading about all the upscale restaurants in the Upstate, and will enjoy many when I go to visit next month, but I have a dumb question. Are there any working class bars where you can have a couple beers and maybe listen to some local southern rock? (no country line dancing or anything like that though!) ;)

Edited by OutlawSteph