Greenville Off-Topic

Spartan

I wonder what the winning bid was? :P

I just noticed today while watching the painters painting Treo Brick Oven Cafe...there's a bakery on coffee street next to Charlie's. How long has that been there?

It's over a $1,000 and going up. Auction ends on the 20th.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170129995323

I wonder what the winning bid was? :P

I just noticed today while watching the painters painting Treo Brick Oven Cafe...there's a bakery on coffee street next to Charlie's. How long has that been there?

I don't know how long it has been there, but it used to be Coffee Street Beanery and has been Coffee Street Bakery for at least a couple years now.

It's only open at lunch hours during the week, it looks closed most of the time, which makes it easy to mistake for a closed business.

They're only open from 11-2 Monday-Friday, but if you can manage to get there, it's worth it! The sandwiches are great -- they use a bunch of different breads -- and they do a couple of homemade soups every day. Every time I've been in there it's been lively, but not so busy that you have to wait a long time. I think most of their business is carry out, since the eat-in space is very small. Now that Sprouts is gone, it's a good option for something quick.

Menu is online at www.coffeestreetbakery.com.

Hey Everyone!

My mom's birthday is coming up and I was thinking of getting her a visit to a spa. The only one I know of is the River Falls Spa downtown. It was a tad more than I was wanting to spend, but if I have to I can splurge. I was curious if anyone else has any recommendations to a spa around town?

Hey Everyone!

My mom's birthday is coming up and I was thinking of getting her a visit to a spa. The only one I know of is the River Falls Spa downtown. It was a tad more than I was wanting to spend, but if I have to I can splurge. I was curious if anyone else has any recommendations to a spa around town?

I have heard good things about The Spa at West End. Here is their website:

http://www.thespaatwestend.com/

I am not familiar with the River Falls Spa.

Hey Everyone!

My wife uses the Spa @ West End somewhat frequently. OF the ones she's been to in the area it seems to be her favorite.

Im not sure really why or what it is but these Ron Paul Revolution signs annoy the crap out of me.

His grass roots campaign is really taking off on the Internet. Several forums I visit frequently are going head over heels for the guy. Try typing his name into Youtube and you'll see some pretty cool videos of him.

His grass roots campaign is really taking off on the Internet. Several forums I visit frequently are going head over heels for the guy. Try typing his name into Youtube and you'll see some pretty cool videos of him.

Ron Paul is laissez faire in everything, including allowing his supporters to define him. Supporters in this case being the libertarian/ populist part of the GOP. An internet forum does not a candidacy make.

Is anyone else having a loading problem with UP? Each new page that I open seems to lock for about 10 seconds before I can click a link or scroll down, etc.

I'm having this same problem when using U.P. from my work machine (which is piped into my corporate network via a VPN, thus reducing my bandwidth to 1/5 of its normal capacity/speed). When I update from any of my home machines at the normal throughput, I do not see this problem.

The McDonalds on Laurens Rd was all of the sudden torn down! Today it was just a pile of rubble. Are they just rebuilding or does anyone know what's going on?

I'm not sure, but seeing as how I don't frequent McDonald's that often, I don't care. :P I will say this, though...I noticed on my recent drive to Texas along I-20 at least two McDonald's locations that have been converted into a brand new retro-looking building just since I made the same drive last year. Someone had mentioned to me that the one near the Pete Hollis Gateway site was going to be torn down and replaced with something like this as well. Perhaps that's what's happening to the one on Laurens Road?

mcdonalds1.jpg

mcdonalds_041504_big.jpg

The McDonalds on Laurens Rd was all of the sudden torn down! Today it was just a pile of rubble. Are they just rebuilding or does anyone know what's going on?

There was a sign earlier this week stating that it was closing to be redone. I wasn't expecting them to tear the whole thing down. They dismantled the playground today.

There was a sign earlier this week stating that it was closing to be redone. I wasn't expecting them to tear the whole thing down. They dismantled the playground today.

If it's anything like the McDonald's they replaced on Broad River Road back when I lived in Columbia, it will probably be up and running by Thursday.

a couple of years ago the one on Augusta Road was completely torn down and rebuilt, it didnt end up looking much different either.

I remember that. I was thinking that they might make it look more 'Augusta Street-like', but nope. I thought for sure they'd fancy it up to fit in with the neighborhood, but it is still just as tacky. ^_^

I remember that. I was thinking that they might make it look more 'Augusta Street-like', but nope. I thought for sure they'd fancy it up to fit in with the neighborhood, but it is still just as tacky. ^_^

this may be silly thinking but I do know that it is sometimes easier to rebuild, especially with smaller structures than to remodel and they may have to do some reconfiguring to account for new cooking equipment, etc. I wonder if it is easier to clean out the grease in a place like this using this method than other ways.