Greenville Off-Topic

Spartan

Maybe I missed it having been mentioned somewhere already but can someone please explain the reason/significance for the new highway emblems that are painted onto the road's surface at the 85/385 interchange? Yeah, when you're driving you can see them on the road in front of you, but does anyone really need them with the normal highway signage already in place?

I was thinking that maybe it was for the downtown airport or something...I dunno?

Ya'll know what "signage" I'm talking about?

I presume you're talking about the Interstate shields that are painted in the lanes on I-385 heading toward I-85?

I dunno - I thought the significance of them was pretty obvious the first time I saw them. They're there to help ensure that drivers are in the correct lanes that they want to be in to get where they want to go.

Sure - they re-state the obvious for locals, but we do get our share of people that aren't from around here that may be confused otherwise. They have the same thing up in Asheville with I-26 North toward Johnson City, TN and I'm thankful they're on the road in front of me whenever I drive through there. The only trouble I have with them is that, as linkerj stated, they're difficult to read unless you're in a vehicle that's really high off of the ground.

• 4 weeks later...

* Rant Warning*

now, i realize that college football is important to some people and i realize that many people in this area love and breathe by what happens with Clemson football. But this whole Tommy Bowden situation is NOT "breaking news" and is certainly not worthy of preempting prime time television. The words "breaking news" and the act of preempting prime time used to be and should be reserved for matters that affect the nation or matters that concern public safety. There is nothing about this announcement or press conference that could not be covered at 6 and 11. And now i am forced to join the shows i wanted to watch "in progress".

sorry for the rant but this is bs. :angry:

I'd say that you would have an equal number of people upset that they did not get live coverage of the press conference in the upstate. Other than pure entertainment interest that people have invested in tv shows, a lot of upstate residents have thousands of dollars worth of interest in the happenings with the Clemson football coaching staff. To each their own, but you have to consider both sides, IMO.

By the way, most, if not all, NBC shows can be watched the following day in their entirety online. Check out Chuck here: http://www.nbc.com/Chuck/

• 3 weeks later...

Do we really need either of them? Bleh, I hate Circuit City...although I did walk in there today with a friend. It was so dark in there (the lights are so dim) and it seems like they don't have nearly as much stuff as Best Buy. Only reason we went in there is because we didn't want to deal with crossing the street and going into Greenridge. That was the first time I had been in CC since a couple years ago when I went to return something that was broken (right out of the package) and they told me it couldn't be returned because I opened it...I never would have known it was broken unless I opened it!

I realize that they aren't exactly the same, but to me Circuit City blows Best Buy out of the water. The main reason I say that is because the service at Best Buy is horrible. At Circuit City, people usually offer to help within a few minutes and seem to do their best to answer any questions you have. So I'm glad our Greenville Circuit City locations are not closing. :)

Wow - funny. I usually have the exact opposite experience.

Me too. I have almost always had awful experiences with Circuit City and nobody at the one on Woodruff Road ever asks if I need help. (probably b/c there's only a few employees there...) I have had problems trying to return broken items too...never got my money back. (oops, just realized I ranted about this on the last page!)

Edited by p2y2r7o

There are all kinds of unique spaces in local buildings you can spy from the street and I'm always curious what is inside. One of these is the end of the Hyatt where it comes to a point and overhangs Beattie Place / College Street. Got a chance to check it out. Have clients coming in next week, so advance scouting the hotels......spent a night last week in one these triangular rooms. Panorama Suite is the official name. Really a different view of Greenville.....two walls of glass on opposite sides of the living room so you can look both SE/E and NW/W.....fun to watch the traffic below on Beattie / College as it felt like it was going right under you.

_MG_2321.jpg

There are all kinds of unique spaces in local buildings you can spy from the street and I'm always curious what is inside. One of these is the end of the Hyatt where it comes to a point and overhangs Beattie Place / College Street. Got a chance to check it out. Have clients coming in next week, so advance scouting the hotels......spent a night last week in one these triangular rooms. Panorama Suite is the official name. Really a different view of Greenville.....two walls of glass on opposite sides of the living room so you can look both SE/E and NW/W.....fun to watch the traffic below on Beattie / College as it felt like it was going right under you.

Very cool, gsupstate! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...